Windows 10 Live mail and Kaspersky updates won't auto download

Stoner

Hi, since migrating from 8.1 to 10 my Windows Live mail has to be manually received and I have to manually update my Kaspersky IS.

I have followed all the steps given by Kaspersky Labs but still the issue persists. They have given up.

I wonder if there is a Windows 10 service that might be stopped that is causing these 2 problems.

Can anyone confirm please?

I did, the mechanisms are internal, meaning they don't rely on Windows services.

Thanks Neemo
How do explain that both programs are failing to update and everything was OK before win10 upgrade?
Could one of the Windows Services be causing this?
How come Kaspersky Labs failed to fix this, if its a totally internal mechanism issue?
Manual Update works but Auto fails.
They worked with me for weeks going through everything they could think of.

Kaspersky should be able to fix their own product. Have you trying running a repair on the install? It is possible they use a scheduled task which a repair should be able to re-add the task.

When they decided they couldn't fix it, in desperation I rolled back to KIS V17 but the problem persisted.

I even emailed CEO Eugene Kaspersky but got no response. I'm getting no traction.

Thanks Neemo
How do explain that both programs are failing to update and everything was OK before win10 upgrade?
Could one of the Windows Services be causing this?
How come Kaspersky Labs failed to fix this, if its a totally internal mechanism issue?
Manual Update works but Auto fails.
They worked with me for weeks going through everything they could think of.
Hi,
when you upgraded from win 8.1 to Win 10 have you since at any point performed a clean install?
If not then personally I'd try that as the upgrade process can be very buggy.

Is it possible to 'trigger' an auto update? If so you could try safe mode with networking and see if it works then. If it does then you know it's possibly a driver or app causing the issue?

Last edited:
Yes clean install - I installed Win 10 on a separate drive - dual boot
KIS doesn't even seem to be trying to Auto Update, no window or message. I just keep getting "your database is out of date"

Hmm... I wonder if the dual boot is perhaps messing with it? Have you considered disconnecting your other drive temporarily and just boot from the win 10 os?

Hi Kermical, Problem started when I upgraded from V17 to V18 a year after Win 10 Upgrade, so Auto Upgrade worked fine for a year.
Are there any other reports of this issue?

Aha! I'm not sure if this is the actual reason or not but support for Windows Essentials, which Live Mail is a part of, ended Jan 10th of this year.
I also noticed this on a help page to do with Live mail:
Some email service providers have moved to newer email protocols for improved security and reliability. These email service providers may no longer work with Windows Live Mail.
Ref:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10740
Not exactly the same as your issue but it seems that Live Mail is on it's way out.

Have you considered using the Mail application that comes with Windows 10? I've used it myself and it's not half bad.

When either of the two apps fail to do the auto updating or mail collection is their any error codes displayed at all?

This is what Kaspersky Tech said "Unfortunately, this issue might take some time to be resolved. If updating your databases manually is not an option, we can always request a refund for your purchase"
I immediately asked for a refund, then they promptly closed the complaint while it was still active!!!!!
I complained again twice but they ignored me.

No error codes or messages.

No refund.

What I meant to say was - have others had an insurmountable KIS Auto Update Failure.

I hadn't seen the gmail coincidence - good research Kermical

have others had an insurmountable KIS Auto Update Failure.
Well, as i said above, those comments are all of a similar nature to your issue so the issue is at least known about.

In my travels I spotted this support page although you may have already seen it, apologies if you have:
How to solve database update issues with Kaspersky Lab products

By the way, what about my suggestion of trying the Windows 10 version of Live mail or Just Mail as it's called in 10?

There was a reason why I couldn't use Win 10 Mail - it wouldn't do something I need but I can't remember what. It seems very basic.

I read and tried all the solutions you've found.

Back
Top Bottom