Windows 8 Lock Screen repeats

Hiram

Extraordinary Member
I just upgraded to W8, from W7. so far so good.

The only issue so far is that when I reach the Lock Screen (date, Wi-Fi, etc), I click enter, its says "please wait", then goes back to the Lock Screen. I enter, once again, "please wait" and back to Lock screen. the third time I click enter, I go to the Account/Windows live Log-in. the I get Start screen.
:livid:

Any suggestions???

When I get to that screen I just left click with the mouse and the log in appears. You bypass the log-in completely if you want to.
Open the run app and type 'netplwiz' without the quotes and click ok. You'll then see a menu box appear with a checkbox which when unchecked will give you access to a further box which you can add your details to negate the signing in process. This obviously works best when your the only user and the machine is in a private place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your response Kemical. After a short time, and various boots, the problem seems to have corrected itself. I currently go straight from lock to the account/password screen.

By the way, this may require a new thread, but, after my upgrade from W7 to W8, the maximum volume on my laptop seems to have been affected. The sound cannot go as loud as it used to. Is this possible?

Thanks.

There have been many reported problems with various sound drivers. It almost sounds (no pun intended) like the sound card developers have lagged behind in developing new drivers. I would go to the sound developers web page and check for the latest drivers. The actual sound developers page will generally have newer drivers than the PC manufacturer's site, if newer drivers have been developed.

Thanks to both on the sound issue. I'll check it out.

Happy Thanksgiving.
God bless.

With my laptop, I can't get past the lock screen/please wait screen pattern no matter how many times I press enter or anything like that.

Try this, press F8 whilst booting to get into the advanced boot options. (same place you find 'Safe mode'). Look for 'last known good configuration' and click that. Hopefully your machine will be returned to a time when it did work.

[QUOTE = "PleaseHelpMe1, bài: 632,008, Thành viên: 90,108"]. With máy tính xách tay của tôi Diễn, tôi Can not have been qua màn hình khóa / vui lòng đợi mẫu màn hình no có vấn đề bao nhiêu lần tôi nhấn Enter or any điều gì such as thế [/ QUOTE]
Cảm ơn bạn have chia sẻ

[QUOTE = "PleaseHelpMe1, bài: 632,008, Thành viên: 90,108"]. With máy tính xách tay của tôi Diễn, tôi Can not have been qua màn hình khóa / vui lòng đợi mẫu màn hình no có vấn đề bao nhiêu lần tôi nhấn Enter or any điều gì such as thế [/ QUOTE]
Cảm ơn bạn have chia sẻ

Please post your issue in English if possible.

With máy tính xách tay của tôi Diễn, tôi Can not have been qua màn hình khóa / vui lòng đợi mẫu màn hình no có vấn đề bao nhiêu lần tôi nhấn Enter or any điều gì such as thế [/ QUOTE]
Cảm ơn bạn have chia sẻ

Vietnamese to Englsh... ruffy translates as;

With my laptop Forum, I Can not lock screen được past / please wait screen form no matter how many times I hit Enter or any thing that như
Thank you have shared

Back