Windows 7 log on password

bmhigby

i recently bought a computer from a pawn shop. the problem i am having is that when the guy dropped it off DID NOT leave that password so i cannot log on. i know the computer is good as they had it on when i bought it. how do i reset it or bypass it so i can log in to redue the password that i know

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]Duplicate post
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Sorry, but I don't give out password changes to first time posters.

You need to establish a record of posts.

We have no idea if this could be defeating someone else's computer.

You do mean the bios/computer passowrd? If so , see if you can locate the name of the motherboard, it is usually written somewhere. (or the computer name) then you can google and find a manual for it. This will tell you how to enter the bios, where the password can be deleted or changed.

RAK,

Yes, a 1st tier moderator did at my request.

We don't feel that giving him a way to crack or change a password is ethical, especially a poster with only one post.

Please do not post any more suggestions or the thread may be closed.

Please note, very clearly. I am totally legit, in all my operations§!
The advice I gave in the post which was deleted, gave no hacks. It was the normal means of accessing the computer password, which is not secured. I do not suggest hacks, nor do I involve myself in showing ways to install non legit ways of software, including Os,s, when it is obvious where the problem lies.
The OP could even have gone to Microsoft's Technet forums, where the method I outlined is often repeated.
If you feel your powers will allow you to close the thread, please do so, without threats.

RAK,

I know you're legit, I'm referring to the OP, I reported the OP's post to the staff forum and the 1st tier administrator is the one who deleted your posts.

BTW, my powers don't give me the ability to close or delete a thread, this is up to the admins.

Back