Windows 7 Logitech G15 Keyboard

Vacendak

Can't seem to get full functionality out of my G15 keyboard. The sound dial works but does not report on the LCD, and the mute button does not work. Using the latest Vista driver from the Logitech site.

Anyone having same issues?

Vacendak

I'll check it out when I get home. I have the G-15 as well, but have not used the software for it in a while.

Thats odd, I use a G15 and mine works flawlessly using latest Vista Logitech software.

Same...my G15 works fine..installed Vista x64 software from logitech site. (Vista compatibility mode for installer file)

I have a Logitech G15 keyboard and within W7 all works fine. I really only use it for ETQW and whilst the game runs fine on W7 the G keys don't. The odd thing is that when using the test macro feature all looks good. I know that the ETQW scripts are functioning as I can manually run the key combination but any attempt to use the G keys fail (nothing happens). The keyboard is picking up the ETQW profile as all the correct game information is being displayed. BTW, I'm using the lastest Vista drivers.
Has anyone tried running the G keys in any game and what was the result?

Thanks, Neil

Mx5000

I have the MX5000 Logitech and it does not work as well. None of the number pad work and the arow keys don't work as well. Tried to put the Windows Vista 64 bit drivers in and Windows 7 won't let you have any of the program options as well. Compatibility mods does nothing to make it work. Dam shame you have to buy a hard wired key board to test Windows 7. :mad:

Thomas :cool:

I have the MX5000 Logitech and it does not work as well. None of the number pad work and the arow keys don't work as well. Tried to put the Windows Vista 64 bit drivers in and Windows 7 won't let you have any of the program options as well. Compatibility mods does nothing to make it work. Dam shame you have to buy a hard wired key board to test Windows 7. :mad:

Thomas :cool:

I use a Logitech 3200 and also have a MX5000 and they both work flawlessly for me with the latest drivers from Logitech.

I have the exact same issue. Everything works fine including the G keys. but the sound volume doesn't register like it did in XP

My G15 also does not show the volume on the LCD anymore either on Vista X64 or Win & with the latest Logitech drivers. It works the buttons will raise and lower the volume but the volume bar does not appear on the LCD

I don't know if someone correctly responded ot this as I didn't read through everything,

but I had the same problem. Its UAC. If you turn it off or run the G15 software as Administrator the G15 keys do not work in games that you aren't running as admin (maybe even that you are running as admin.) Just run it as a normal user and you are fine.

Thanks. I'll try that although I log in as Admin and run the game as Admin. I see that RC is on MSDN so I'll install again on that this weekend and try again.

Can't seem to get full functionality out of my G15 keyboard. The sound dial works but does not report on the LCD, and the mute button does not work. Using the latest Vista driver from the Logitech site.

Anyone having same issues?

Vacendak
My G15 also does not show the volume on the LCD anymore either on Vista X64 or Win & with the latest Logitech drivers. It works the buttons will raise and lower the volume but the volume bar does not appear on the LCD

Just to let you guys know, this volume bar issue is not because of windows 7 or vista. In the 3.01 driver patch logitech release, they decided to remove the function of displaying the volume bar as you turn then volume nob "claiming that it interferes with people's gamming". Now you have to switch to the media display page to see the volume bar. There was a big issue about this on the logitech forums and a customer support representive was trying to get the developers to add back this function in the next driver/software update.

**Latest Logitech g15 patch 3.02 now has that function back in**

Last edited:
Just to let you guys know, this volume bar issue is not because of windows 7 or vista. In the 3.01 driver patch logitech release, they decided to remove the function of displaying the volume bar as you turn then volume nob "claiming that it interferes with people's gamming". Now you have to switch to the media display page to see the volume bar. There was a big issue about this on the logitech forums and a customer support representive was trying to get the developers to add back this function in the next driver/software update.

**Latest Logitech g15 patch 3.02 now has that function back in**

The newest file doesn't install for me. It doesn't seem to be compatible with Windows 7 64bit, so i'm stuck with 3.01 and unable to uninstall it to use and older driver because there isn't an uninstall program built in when I got the drivers. I miss my volume controls :[

Hi Every thing works fine on my g15 exept one thing every time i shutdown my pc it restarts.

any one who knows what it could be?

I found that compatibility mode didn't matter - you have to run the install file as an administrator - ie right click file and select run as administrator - install file works as it should. I also was getting the error message wrong version.
I believe there is a setting which allows all files/actions to be done as an administrator as well.

cheers
:razz:

I've had no issues with my G11 (same just without the pointless screen attached...lol) everything works fine

Back