Windows 7 Logitech G15 Keyboard

I have installed the most up to date software directly from the Logitech website for the G15 several times, and i still cannot get the media kets and audio dial to function, I am using Win 7 X64, and tried both the XP and Vista drivers. Any suggestions on how to get the media keys to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok ive got it working, found it on another site, the human interface access service or somesuch thing was set to manual start on boot, so it wouldnt recognize the media functionality. Set it to auto boot and cleared the problem immediately

I have a G15 Gaming Keyboard, as does my wife. I state this because I've tried both on my PC and have the same issue.

In Windows XP all is well. In Windows 7 (build 7100 fully updated), however, I have the following problem. When playing flash games (this is the only time I've noticed it, but not sure if it is limited to that) I find that my keys seemingly get "stuck". Namely, if playing a game that uses the arrow keys for movement, sometimes the object I'm moving hangs up and only can be stopped if I tap the button again.

I can assure you that there is nothing causing the key to physically get stuck. I am using the latest software pack from Logitech. I tried uninstalling this program to see if it was a profile issue but alas, it still produced the same results.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Ok ive got it working, found it on another site, the human interface access service or somesuch thing was set to manual start on boot, so it wouldnt recognize the media functionality. Set it to auto boot and cleared the problem immediately
How do i access that service?
I'm running a norwegian setup on the computer so if you had a screenshot showing me where you accessed it, it would be helpful :)

As for my problem, well i get audio controllers (mute and volume + and -), G-keys but none of the other media buttons.

How do i access that service?
I'm running a norwegian setup on the computer so if you had a screenshot showing me where you accessed it, it would be helpful :)

As for my problem, well i get audio controllers (mute and volume + and -), G-keys but none of the other media buttons.

I assume it was found by going to the lower left corner of your desktop, clicking the windows button, typing "services.msc" (no quotes) in the search bar, and finding that specific service in the list. You can right click the service to get a menu and modify it as you see fit.

I assume it was found by going to the lower left corner of your desktop, clicking the windows button, typing "services.msc" (no quotes) in the search bar, and finding that specific service in the list. You can right click the service to get a menu and modify it as you see fit.
ah, thanks. Not a complete newbie, but i can't remember everything either ;)
Anyways, i found out i however did a pretty noob error on my own. I forgot to turn on the multimedia button feature embedded in winamp, lol XD

ah, thanks. Not a complete newbie, but i can't remember everything either ;)
Anyways, i found out i however did a pretty noob error on my own. I forgot to turn on the multimedia button feature embedded in winamp, lol XD

Awww I know how that sort of thing feels! Glad you got your stuff worked out.

And as far as remembering stuff goes... I have two kids... their names escape me at the moment.

Awww I know how that sort of thing feels! Glad you got your stuff worked out.

And as far as remembering stuff goes... I have two kids... their names escape me at the moment.
haha, i have an idea how that is, used to work at a kindergarten ;)

Can't seem to get full functionality out of my G15 keyboard. The sound dial works but does not report on the LCD, and the mute button does not work. Using the latest Vista driver from the Logitech site.

Anyone having same issues?

Vacendak

The G15 worked pretty well for the time that I had it... no problems until the keys turned into a bunch of shortcuts. Logitech offered to replace the keyboard but I decided to buy a Saitek instead. But other than that I've never had problems with Logitech keyboards.

I have a G15 Gaming Keyboard, as does my wife. I state this because I've tried both on my PC and have the same issue.

In Windows XP all is well. In Windows 7 (build 7100 fully updated), however, I have the following problem. When playing flash games (this is the only time I've noticed it, but not sure if it is limited to that) I find that my keys seemingly get \"stuck\". Namely, if playing a game that uses the arrow keys for movement, sometimes the object I'm moving hangs up and only can be stopped if I tap the button again.

I can assure you that there is nothing causing the key to physically get stuck. I am using the latest software pack from Logitech. I tried uninstalling this program to see if it was a profile issue but alas, it still produced the same results.

Has anyone else had this experience?

***Link goes to a flash game site forum that had my answer***

I found out here that my issue was with IE8's security settings (of all things), not with Windows 7. Shame on me for not noticing I was using IE7 in my XP install. That is a testament, though, to how long I've been running Windows 7 exclusively!

I've got this really weird problem. I installed the latest Win7 64 bit drivers for my G15, and it works just fine, but when I start a game it doesn't show the game info on the LED screen while it should. In WinXP this just worked fine but now I can't seem to get it working.

A friend of me has exact te same problem, only he has the G15 with orange lights en I have te blue one. Does someone know a solution for this problem?

The games we both play are:
* Call of Duty 2
* Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
* Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

and I also play:
* Counter-Strike Source

but none of these games seem to work anymore :S

I just registered to say big thanx to those 2 guys!
I was about to reinstall windows 7, but they made it all clear!

I don't know if someone correctly responded ot this as I didn't read through everything,

but I had the same problem. Its UAC. If you turn it off or run the G15 software as Administrator the G15 keys do not work in games that you aren't running as admin (maybe even that you are running as admin.) Just run it as a normal user and you are fine.

I have Windows 7 32 bit, and after installing tune up utilities, of course, the first thing I did was turning off that annoying UAC piece of dirt.
I didn't want to turn it on again at any cost, so I enabled Human Interface Device Access service, restarted PC and TADAAM, my media keys, my mute button and VOLUME controller, all started to work! First time since Windows XP!

Things I tried and that didn't get me anywhere
:

• Get newest updates from Logitech www (lgps304b.exe)
  • Contact Logitech support team
  • Tried to edit drivers manually
  • Tried to uninstall and install drivers hundreds of times, with administrator rights and running them as administrator
  • Tried to get it working with WMware
  • Tried so many different media players
  • AND MANY OTHER THINGS
Big thanx to you guys, hope nobody will have that stupid problem any more!

Hi I have had the G15 for about a month now, running windows 7 64. A week ago I spilled some water on it foolishly and after letting it dry for 24 hours plugged it in to find the lcd to only show the logitech logo. After a restart it works with Wow and other games, but the only other options I get is to choose my game profile (WOW, Default Config, L4D, etc) then window media player. Xfire display flashes but cant choose it. I miss my rcc :(

Back