Logitech MK 520

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hi
I have used this comb for 2 weeks and had to replace the batteries.
I don't know if they were old or used .
I was going to replace this combo but another person said he never turns the keyboard or mouse off and gets 6-9 months on one and a year on the other. I do not want a set that requires turning on and off. If I try to turn my mouse off the PC awakens anyway. I do not want to turn either off at anytime- it's a preference. My last set lasted 6 years with a change of battery every 6-12 months, left on all day. I put the PC to sleep when not using and off at bed.
So, if any one has a similar combo and habits and does not turn off either yet still gets decent battery life, please let me know. I still have time to get store credit but 14 days has left me out of money back.
TY

I only use a Microsoft wireless mouse, I've had it for almost 2 years and I still haven't replaced the battery granted I don't use it all the time and I do turn it off. I would test it with brand new batteries. I'd wager the batteries you are using were not new.

I missed your allusion; I actually have a button that slides to off then to on.That is what I was literally referring to.
Do you have either that or any means of turning the M + KB on + off while the machine is on or off?

I used to have that Logitech combo too. I didn't turn the keyboard or mouse off and would get almost a year's worth of battery life. I'd agree that it was probably the batteries bro. I now have a Logitech K810 and Logitech MX Master. And I have to recharge them every few months. Probably more often with the keyboard if I enable the back light on by touch.

Thanks Loboverde. I think we will use it for a while and see. All is good so far.
You must be a gamer to have upgraded.

I missed your allusion; I actually have a button that slides to off then to on.That is what I was literally referring to.
Do you have either that or any means of turning the M + KB on + off while the machine is on or off?
Sorry yes there is a slide switch on both the KB & mouse

Like neem, I use a wired gaming keyboard (Corsair) and a Logitech wireless mouse. I replace batteries on it once or twice a year I think. No one has mentioned this, and it's pretty obvious however, are you using high-quality alkaline batteries in the KB+M such as Duracell quantums? Or are you using the knock-offs sold at the dollar-store? Battery life makes a difference if you use long life high-quality alkalines. When I'm in the middle of something and the mouse indicator goes to red, and cursor stops in it's tracks, I throw in whatever battery I have on hand, when I get a chance I try to pick up some duracells at the hardware store and put those in for the long haul. I stopped using rechargeables decades ago as Lobo uses, for me it's too much of a hassle. And you have to replace all your rechargables after a few years, and then the charger itself.

FYI.
BBJ

The batteries that came with it were the ones I threw out. I use Duracell and energizer.

There is a long story about rechargeables being as good as alkaline - 1.2 vs, 1.5. 1.5 has an immediate drop off whereas 1.2 are more steady. Someone more skilled can jump in here as I am just paraphrasing another person.
I have yet to see how that goes but for now I will stick with these new Duracells..

@Peterr de nada. I like PC games and try to stay on top of the current events with the industry because I feel like gaming really pushes home computing. But I wouldn't call myself a gamer, A GEEK ABSOLUTELY haha!

So far I've never had to trash any rechargeable tech. However, I will say rechargeable tech I had in the late 90s and early 00s was definitely in that category you of basura you mentioned. Don't jinx me BBJ lol!

Galaxy S7 Edge

De nada? Estoy tratando apprender su idioma pero es muy difficile par un hombre viejo como jo.
I got a bunch of rechargeabes b/c I have cameras, dvd player -portable, lites, etc. and these newer ones seem to last forever.

lol! I'm part of the my back hurts in the morning club too, ha!
Yeah the newer rechargeable tech is great. For batteries I use the Amazon Basic and Sanyo Eneloop rechargeables, they're both great, have lasted several years and still haven't had to replace them. And this charging station is EXCELLENT, great LCD display giving you status of recharging and when done, and it fast charges too. I've inserted a full row of batteries to recharge, after a weekend camping trip, it can fast or slow charge too.
Powerex MH-C800S 8-Cell Smart Charger for AA / AAA NiMH / NiCD https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000LQMKDS

That's good info to look up. I just grab some rechargeables in Home Depot and they keep on trucking.
I have a quick 3 hour charger and a 25 hour slow charger. Both do he job. Those alkalines are getting pricey if you have about 6+ devices to run.

Yeah I've spent a good chunk of dough on rechargeable batteries because of my 3 young kiddos. But I know I've saved a lot more money using rechargeable versus dropping money on the regular for more batteries.
And if one is into being "Green" it's less waste too.

Back
Top Bottom