Windows 7 Logon to Windows 7 and 2003 SBS R2 domain controller

Proot

Hi

I am in the process of seting up an office in Germany. The office is connected via VPN to the UK where there is a machine running Microsoft SBS 2003 R2. We have a mixture of XP, Vista and Windows machines that are based in the UK office and they can all login to the machines using their domain credentials.

However I am in Germany and I can not get windows 7 machines to logon using the domain credentials, I get the error "es sind momentan keine anmeldeserver zum verarbeiten der anmeldeanforderung verfügbar" which I think is "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request."

I thought it was the VPN not passing the information through, even though these are new machines only delivered today that I could join to the domin over the VPN. However I have installed XP to a machine, joined it to the domain and logged on to the machine using the domain credentials sucessfully.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is this a router to router (hardware based) vpn or is it a software based solution? Make sure that your Win7 machines have the Domain DNS server information configured correctly in the properties of IPv4 (Preferred DNS Server no Alternate) in the properties of the NIC. Also you may try unchecking IPv6 in the properties of the NIC and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom