Windows 7 Long file names fail to copy (at END of copying)

McDug

When your copying a data CD or folder or whatever, when your copying anything windows should check to see if the file names are going to be too long BEFORE it copies or movies, to stop things from being so difficult.

Personally, I backup large amounts of data sorted into many folders and subfolders and transfer it between computers, etc., and I have come into so many errors and problems because of this.

Can't windows or someone fix this, by like:
- checking before it copies to make sure the file/location names will not be too long
- allowing us to change the file/location name when it comes across these problems.

Came to my mind, managing a larger amount of files isn't necessarily done best with Windows Explorer. When partaking in projects, I liked to use FreeCommander. You can find it at http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwfilemanagement.html together with others.

Thanks for your thanks, wish you all the very best. Comes with a word of warning: more and more programs, both free and paid for, come with more and more attachments; not always easy to notice when you install, check carefully that you don't install extras you don't want. They're not harmful as such, but can be a nuisance.

Cheerio!

Thanks,

The Long path tool is the very best program for error, unlock solution.
Try it and solved your problem.
I used the long path tool and I solved my error, unlocks problem solution.

Back
Top Bottom