Windows 7 Long wait downloading

aussie sheela

Can anyone suggest something to help. I'm using windows 7/ internet explorer 8. My computer has been running so slow to download all programs, only to then sometimes freeze and nothing works etc. etc. Also I receive messages saying "have to close down will let you know when this has been fixed and nothing happens.

Hi aussie sheela and welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Sounds like you've got a virus. Do you have virus control and the ability to run virus scan? Norton-Symantec has a free virus scan if you don't. Just go to their homepage and type free virus scan in the search box. I hope this helps. Good Luck and please let us know how it works out.

Edit: Ooops, sorry aussie, you don't get a free virus scan but you can get a 15 day free trial. You also have Windows Defender under Control Panel. Defender works very well.

Last edited:
If you can, you might reboot your internet connection appliances, like the modem and router or whatever you use. Perhaps the connection needs to be refreshed.

[langtitle=ms]Re: Long wait downloading[/langtitle]

[lang=ms]use dap before my download speed was 300KPS-400KPS and with dap it went from 300KPS-400KPS TO 800KPS-1MPS[/lang]

Hi alfred01, thanks for the info. I have nortons 360 installed so I think to be safe I'll
send my computer off to the doctor for a checkup. With regards to all, aussie sheela.

Hi alfred01, thanks for the info. I have nortons 360 installed so I think to be safe I'll
send my computer off to the doctor for a checkup. With regards to all, aussie sheela.

A good idea sheela, as I found out today myself, sometimes Norton products don't always catch virus'. Good Luck and we're all glad you're here.
David

Back