Windows 7 Looking for a solution to this problem

Mike6080919395

Hello all, I am currently looking for a way to make windows 7 always hide *.sfk, sfl, and .vf.bak files which sony vegas creates everytime you save a video file.

When you do a bunch of video editing and audio mixing it puts these files in the same folder as my renders
Its very annoying scrolling thru a long list of these files that sony vegas stores in my renders folder.

I want to know how I can make windows 7 always hide these files from my window.
-I normally don't enable show hidden files so this would be perfect

I just don't know how to make windows 7 hide specific file types with .sfk .sfl and .vf.bak extensions

Select all of those files, right click on them and select Properties, now under Attributes, select "Hidden" click OK.

Thanks, but I am looking for a way to make windows always hide these files without me needing to go thru and highlight them.

I remember reading a topic on it about a year ago which said reg edits control what file extensions windows can see by default.

Hello all, I am currently looking for a way to make windows 7 always hide *.sfk, sfl, and .vf.bak files which sony vegas creates everytime you save a video file.

When you do a bunch of video editing and audio mixing it puts these files in the same folder as my renders
Its very annoying scrolling thru a long list of these files that sony vegas stores in my renders folder.

I want to know how I can make windows 7 always hide these files from my window.
-I normally don't enable show hidden files so this would be perfect

I just don't know how to make windows 7 hide specific file types with .sfk .sfl and .vf.bak extensions

Can you change file locations in your software? Or, when you create a new file, can you specify where you save it to?

Back