Windows 10 Loss of cursor/pointer

wollidoodl

For no apparent reason, my cursor has disappeared. It appears at startup but then disappears as soon as any key is touched. I have tried all the recovery methods listed on Google/Bing etc. and nothing has worked. My PC is an Acer R3-131T. Any advise gratefully received.

Can you provide steps you have taken already? This sounds like corrupted resource files or potentially malware.

Thanks for reply.
I can't really provide all the steps I have taken since there are so many. As i said, I have followed everything that I could find on Google/Bing etc to no avail. I have both Malwarebytes and Norton installed if this is relevant.

Have you run the following commands?

sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth?

For no apparent reason, my cursor has disappeared. It appears at startup but then disappears as soon as any key is touched. I have tried all the recovery methods listed on Google/Bing etc. and nothing has worked. My PC is an Acer R3-131T. Any advise gratefully received.

Press the fn + F6 or F7 Key at the same time and check if it works.

If its not helping then try pressing Fn + F3 or Fn + F5 or Fn + F9 or Fn + F11 keys.

If still the problem persists get a USB mouse, go to Device manager, uninstall the driver for HID Compliant mouse, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

Regards,
Adrian

Press the fn + F6 or F7 Key at the same time and check if it works.

If its not helping then try pressing Fn + F3 or Fn + F5 or Fn + F9 or Fn + F11 keys.

If still the problem persists get a USB mouse, go to Device manager, uninstall the driver for HID Compliant mouse, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

Regards,
Adrian
Thanks, I will try this

1. Press Windows + R keys altogether to bring out the Run box.
2. Type devmgmt.msc and then hit Enter to open Device Manager.
mouse-cursor-disappearing-on-windows-10.png
3. Press Tab to switch to devices list.
4. Use arrow keys to scroll down to Mice and other pointing devices and use the right arrow key to expand it.
no-mouse-cursor-in-windows-10.png
5. Use the down arrow key to select your mouse device.
6. Press Shift + F10 open the context menu.
mouse-pointer-disappeared.png
7. Choose Update driver with arrow keys and hit Enter.
8. Follow the on-screen installation instructions to finish the updates and then check whether the lost cursor or mouse not working issue persists on your Windows 10 laptop or desktop PC.

Back