Windows 10 Lost Outlook contacts

Jo Darts

Extraordinary Member
I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and Office 365. The store transferred my data but not my Outlook contacts. Old laptop had Windows 10 and MS Office Professional plus with Outlook 2010. How do I make the transfer? Thanks.

Outlook contacts should be back after you reentered your email account in outlook. They should be stored with your email account on the mail server.

Hmmm - the store set up all of this for me. Could you tell me how to find it please. Thank you!

In the bottom of the left site of the outlook window you should see a little enveloppe, the entry to your email, beside the envelope a little calender, the entry to your agenda, and beside it, some persons, the entry to your contacts.

Last edited:
Thanks Henk. No problem finding that. However there were no contacts in it. My next step is getting my contacts in there. If you can help - wonderful. Otherwise I'll go back to the Best Buy where I bought the laptop. I appreciate it!

Look on the webmail page of your email provider. Your contacts should be there.
If not you have to find them on your old pc.
If they are there, you expect them also to be downloaded to your pc, but only if the email account in outlook has been configured correctly.
Perhaps is going back to Best Buy the fastest way to recover your contacts.

Back