Windows 7 Lost sound - internal speakers in laptop

catwoman

Upgraded laptop from XP to W7 - lost some programs Quark Express 5 and now have no sound (internal speakers are part of the machine) and also internal camera, HP printer working but not pristine. (Understand driver situation with HP) Main problem is the sound , I have checked & rechecked drivers, says all up to date, but no sound............ Any ideas experts ?
thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum,
you might see a difference if you perform a 'clean install' as Microsoft have themselves said that 'upgrading' from xp to 7 can lead to problems.
Also please list your laptop make and model.

Go to Control panel >Device Manager and see if there are any yellow flags among the devices. Post back if there are and let us know what category they are under. You can also go to Control Panel > Sounds and verify the correct setting for your speakesr are set to Default.

Thanks, I rang the local techie, he said "Download a new sound card driver". I did from paralogic cost $40US, it works, I have sound back, ........... whatever it takes. There was no device on the list that looked remotely like speakers or DVD player. Thanks for yr input.

Hmm..glad you got it sorted but we would have got you the info for free..

True, since when did they start charging for drivers.

Only those driver site ripoffs, make you pay for the driver.

I alway find it for free. I just keep searching

Back
Top Bottom