Windows 7 M$ Announces Windows 7 Pricing (see Ultimate Pricing -- Yuck)

busydog

Microsoft this morning announced its retail pricing plans for Windows 7. First, the good news: Contrary to rumors, the company is not raising prices. The bad news? It's not significantly lowering prices either. In fact, most versions of Windows 7 will simply cost exactly the same as their Windows Vista predecessors.
In the US, three versions of Windows 7 will be widely available at retail, Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate. Pricing for the Upgrade versions of these products breaks down as follows:
Home Premium (Upgrade) - $119.99
Professional (Upgrade) - $199.99
Ultimate (Upgrade) - $219.99
Full product pricing includes:
Home Premium (Full) - $199.99
Professional (Full) - $299.99
Ultimate (Full) - $319.99 (yuck)

Seriously scary prices . Guess folk will look for a super hero to help out ;)

Link Removed due to 404 Error or Link Removed due to 404 Error

Now who would I bet on ? :D

Will ... you can buy netbooks these days for $200 ..... so software is more expansive than hardware now ... Wow

I think it should be something like $49 upgrade,$99 full. this way it's fair for both M$ and the customers .....

Beside a lot of people care less about post-buy support , i think M$ should offer support-less windows for cheaper prices.

I think i will get windows, using the other way. Link Removed due to 404 Error

Will ... you can buy netbooks these days for $200 ..... so software is more expansive than hardware now ... Wow

I think it should be something like $49 upgrade,$99 full. this way it's fair for both M$ and the customers .....

Beside a lot of people care less about post-buy support , i think M$ should offer support-less windows for cheaper prices.

I think i will get windows, using the other way. Link Removed due to 404 Error

Ah yes the Harry Potter method with you ;)

Half that half that price sounds way cool :rolleyes:

I willl use divers means to get win7 . Resort to arcane and hidden sources for my copy . Even ask the wife ! :eek:

No that would be going to far

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Things are tough on the money front :D

Of course nobody would even think of pirated versions . That is nobody on this forum :)

Last edited:
Buyers who can't get their hands on the discounted pre-order copies will have to pay full price for Windows 7.

However, Microsoft has decided to give UK customers the full version of Windows 7 at upgrade prices until the end of the year. "We couldn't get the [Internet Explorer-less] upgrade version out fast enough," said Brooks. "It was completely unacceptable to disadvantage European customers in any way."

This means Home Premium will initially go on sale for £80, Professional £190 and Ultimate £200.

When Microsoft is ready to release upgrade versions in Europe, those prices will rise to £150, £220 and £230 for the full software.

From the site above

Sickens me.The upgrade ones with IE will be really pricey. And why a big different between HP and Pro. Isent Professional the same as Home Premium just with added support for xp-mode and a few other useless things. Looks like i might get a home premium one if its at £80;

whats the differences between the Pro version and the Ultimate version?
Sound themes?
Colour themes?
Screensavers?
Judging from the prices i think it's actually cheaper to buy a new computer than buy the Operating System. You can get Dell machines now for £300!

Patch?

Will there be any way for us to keep the RC version and pay MS and receive some kind of patch to keep it running?

These prices should really be no surprise to anyone.. We all knew they would be either on par with Vista or only slightly lower.. ;)

Will there be any way for us to keep the RC version and pay MS and receive some kind of patch to keep it running?

No this will not be possible.. You will need to either purchase a new computer with Windows 7 pre-installed OR purchase the Upgrade/Full Media..

Yes it has a time bomb built in so it will stop working in 2010 . March 2010 .

i think M$ should offer support-less windows for cheaper prices.

Well, they do... sort of. You just have to know where to look. Newegg sells disks as "Windows for system builders", and the licensing agreement assumes the 'builder' will be responsible for the end customer service rather than MS.

Link

That is a bit of a price difference, with Vista 64 dropping to $179. I would assume W7 will find its way into this category in the same fashion as the previous operating systems all have.

unacceptable. and they wonder WHY we pirate software...when m$ make as much as they do per annum, this is monoply at its best...there is NO need for it.
$100US for ultimate would be a treat :rolleyes:

Back