Windows 10 Macrium boot question

Fenway16

Honorable Member
When I recently did an update to Macrium, I noticed that a boot option was available. I did this and now when I boot, there is an option to open Macrium Reflect or windows log on. Is this what I would use if system acts up and won't open windows? Another option to the usb boot device is what I gather from this. Thanks.

I'm not a macrium user, but I would image it probably added a bootable recovery PE environment. You should be able to see what it loads by openning an elevated command prompt and type bcdedit /enum

Ok thanks. I am not sure what an elevated command prompt is. I show a windows power shell that looks like a command prompt area. Check that?

You can run it from 'Command Prompt' or 'Windows Powershell'. Run elevated means right clicking either one and select "Run As Administrator"

If you want to create a backup using Macrium you do it under Windows but if you wish to run a restore from a backup obviously you cannot overwrite Windows whilst running it. That is what the menu option is for - it will boot you into Macrium by running Windows PE (pre-installed environment).. You can of course run Macrium to restore by booting from a recovery device such as a USB drive or optical drive but the Boot menu option is most conveniet. Also, you will of course still need to create a boot device to run a restore option in the event of a complete hard drive failure.

Very good. That's what I kind of thought and was hoping for. And yes, I did create a usb recovery thingamajeeg as well.:) Thanks for input.

Back
Top Bottom