Windows 7 Make comp show WiFi password

beauty

Our computer has wireless internet connection.

Network type: Access Point
Security Type: No authentication (Open)
Encryption Type: WEP

"Show characters checkbox" is greyed out
(There DEFINITELY is a password.)

How can we show the Wifi password?

Bit confused by your question.
If you have chosen "None" or "Open" not sure exactly how WEP is still involved.
And are you certain that you are talking about security / encryption, passphrase or key or are you talking about accessing the device's interface through your browser the username and password for this is separate from your wireless security settings.
As a last resort you might check the documentation for the device, depending on the provider or vendor you may find some information there or consider using the reset button (usually in a small hole on the back of the device) to set it back to factory defaults. Without knowing the actual device Manufacturer name, model name, model number, revision number it is difficult to say and if it is truly acting as an access point or range extender then perhaps the actual wireless security is controlled on another network device on your network.
Regards
Randy

Bit confused by your question.
If you have chosen "None" or "Open" not sure exactly how WEP is still involved.

Thank you for your reply, Randy. What I wrote down in the original post is what I see. If you like, we could take a screenshot for you, but it would just be the same thing as we've typed.

And are you certain that you are talking about security / encryption, passphrase or key or are you talking about accessing the device's interface through your browser the username and password for this is separate from your wireless security settings.
We're talking about the whatever is in that blank with the bullet points, which look something like the following:
Password: ●●●●●●●●
I don't think we are talking about accessing the device's interface through a web browser. We're not talking about getting such an "admin password".

As a last resort you might check the documentation for the device, depending on the provider or vendor you may find some information there or consider using the reset button (usually in a small hole on the back of the device) to set it back to factory defaults. Without knowing the actual device Manufacturer name, model name, model number, revision number it is difficult to say and if it is truly acting as an access point or range extender then perhaps the actual wireless security is controlled on another network device on your network.
Regards
Randy
Is there a way to find an answer to your inquiry by using our Windows 7 computer? For this attempt, our initial attempt, we're trying to solve this using our computer. Thanks.

How many network appliances do you have currently running on your network and what are they. Has you ISP provided a broadband device that you are currently using? What is it Mfg and Model Name and Number? Is it WiFi capable?
Do you have any additional applicances? Switches, Routers (wireless or wired), Access Points, Repeaters, Extenders? If so, how are they configured? In other words what single device is responsible for wireless security on your network? Is it broadcasting its' SSID? Are other devices if present DHCP capable? Do they have their own built in security configuration.
Draw me a picture, use your words, screen shots, actual images of the devices, I can help but without knowing details as to what we are specifically talking about, I am left with only my own imagination, which while surprisingly robust, is of very little value in addressing your problem.
Regards
Randy

Back