Making a Windows Bootable USB or ISO Image from WMI file

Marjan

Hi,
I have our own WMI file. I want to make a windows bootable USB or ISO image from our WMI file which we use it in our provision system.
I need to make a bootable USB or ISO image so techs can image PCs by themselves.
I was advised to use below link, but that is for Window 7:
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-convert-a-wim-file-to-an-iso-file
I want to make the windows 10 bootable USB or ISO.
Making either usb or ISO would help. If I can make ISO file from WMI then I can create bootable usb , using RUFUS.
I would appreciate if someone can give me the right direction. What Microsoft tools do I need to use? Also what steps do I need to take.
Your advise is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
MP

Well an ISO is a container that can be burned to a disk or USB or virtually mounted in Windows. A WIM is a windows image container that contains only the files that make up the operating system, but not the required files to boot to a PE environment and apply the WIM so converting them isn't really something you would do.

What you can do is take a copy of the Windows 10 ISO, extract the content, replace the install.wim file with yours and re-package it as an ISO or simply copy that content to a USB drive.

Listed these tools for you to make a Windows bootable USB.
imgburn,UNetbootin,ISO to USB and Free ISO Burner,there is no cost to use them, but if you are using them for the first time, or if you are not very familiar with them, you may need to spend more time.

Back