Windows 7 Many random BSOD

toxi-k

Hi all. I have tried update my drviers an some other thing i read on internet but i have still th random BSOD problem. I have instaled WIN 7 ultimate build 7600 on my old win vista ultimate. no clean install only upgrade.

Here some my issues(its too much for the max forum characters) + minidumps attached.

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Mon 30.11.2009 21:50:53 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]p17.sys[/FONT]
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xC000001D, 0x930A633D, 0x8EB1F638, 0x8EB1F210)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M[/FONT]
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\113009-33789-01.dmp
[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\p17.sys
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Creative Technology Ltd.[/FONT]
description: WDM Audio Miniport (Basic) Driver
[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Mon 30.11.2009 19:36:28 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntkrnlpa.exe[/FONT]
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x2, 0x98A3D, 0xDFEDF, 0x1)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]PFN_LIST_CORRUPT[/FONT]
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\113009-27783-01.dmp
[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Mon 30.11.2009 19:33:40 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntkrnlpa.exe[/FONT]
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3452, 0x32908000, 0xC0908338, 0x96428C46)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]MEMORY_MANAGEMENT[/FONT]
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\113009-26442-01.dmp
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Mon 30.11.2009 19:08:42 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]klif.sys[/FONT]
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x1097, 0x1, 0x92C0F3D8)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]BAD_POOL_CALLER[/FONT]
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\113009-32791-01.dmp
[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\klif.sys
product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Kaspersky™ Anti-Virus ®[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Kaspersky Lab[/FONT]
description: Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wlh_x86]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Mon 30.11.2009 17:38:16 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ks.sys[/FONT]
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0x82E752AF)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/FONT]
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\113009-25630-01.dmp
[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ks.sys
description: Kernel CSA Library
[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Mon 30.11.2009 17:14:12 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]serial.sys[/FONT]
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x2, 0x4, 0x1, 0x941CB33B)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/FONT]
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\113009-32011-01.dmp
[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\serial.sys
description: Serial Device Driver
[/FONT]

Are you uninstalling the software that seems to be causing some of the problems. Kapersky seems to be there and Creative. Maybe if you start eliminating known problems you can find others.

Did none of the possible conflicts show up when you ran the compatibility check prior to the upgrade?

Hi,

By comp. check shows only one message and it was for my logitech 4-port usb hub. everything else was ok. No errors. ok, i try uninstall kaspersky and put away my sound card (i have extern one, so i dont need this actually).
Its necessary uninstall it? Can i only disable the soundcard end close kaspersky? because if i disable soundcard and close kaspersky BSOD appear again.

If I was in your shoes I would draw up a list of possible culprits and extend the list to include everything you've installed by way of 3rd party software. I would then uninstall from the top of the list until, hopefully, the BSOD problem disappears. If you get back or close to the base system then I'd reinstall W7 in case some part of the OS is corrupted..

However, I use Kaspersky KIS 2010 and it works entirely unproblematically. A corrupted install of this or some other software? 99% of the time, as I'm sure you know, BSODs are simply symptoms of sloppy driver programming. Windows unfairly gets the blame for this but until the day we all have versions of Windows which only allow the installation of certified/approved drivers this is likely to be affect some of us.

Good luck.

Steve

You have the same issue as me. It might not be software, but it might be your hardware. Bad memory is usually the culprit, however it can be due to a bad memory slot on your motherboard or a low wattage power supply.

The bad memory would explain the MEMORY_MANAGMENT and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

If you have to, remove your USB hub and connect directly to the back panel of your computer, format again [this will get rid of any possible 3rd party program error], run Windows Update and install of the available updates, then install one game, no anti-virus [just don't download anything, disconnect from the internet if you must]. If you try running that game for a long period and crash with a BSOD, then it is a hardware issue.

So i have uninstal creative stuff and put away soundcard... done some Registr and system cleaner, then was one BSOD.. so i have uninstall Kaspersky and it seems to be OK.. maybee cleaning my PC from the dust helped too. dont know...

actually more than few hours without BSOD. hopefully it stays so.

PS. i think problem was that i had on vista kaspersky and with the upgrade some files was mixed up with new kaspersky 2010.

oh noooooooo.... BSOD :( i was away... only firefox running.. than i come back and logon screen on the monitor :(

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Tue 1.12.2009 21:44:03 your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3452, 0x42D65000, 0xC08F3338, 0xA6058C66)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]MEMORY_MANAGEMENT[/FONT]
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120109-31562-01.dmp
[/FONT]

I'm not sure how many sticks of RAM you have installed, but here are a few ideas.

Take out all but one stick of RAM, alternating sticks to determine to culprit

Run memtest86 to determine which stick is bad - if any.

Clean install of Windows, the upgrade could be the issue.

Make sure the bios are set to defaults or safe defaults.

hi all,

so i have testet with memtest86 and th result was that one memory stick was not ok...
so it seems that it was the reason for all my troubles. :( oka i can work with 3GB. so its not so tragical.

Glad you found the problem. I'm running with 2 gigs and still able to run crysis steady @ 30 fps maxed.

Back
Top Bottom