Windows 7 McAfee good or very bad?

casi

hi
I am protected to 23/11-2013 by McAfee total protection 2012
What are the leading oppinions regarding this big corporation,on this outstanding forum?

Kind Regards Casi:confused:

Others may have specific reasons for needing third party security but I find that the Windows firewall plus Microsoft Security Essentials gives me all the protection I need. My interne use is quite far reaching and I have had no malware problems at all.

I'll second that Link Removed due to 404 Error
Small footprint, easy on system resources, virus and malware protection and best of all free for up to 10 computers.

I use ESET Smart Security and Malwarebytes, but otherwise recommend Microsoft Security Essentials as an excellent above average freeware solution.

I always recommend checking AV-Comparatives and AV-Test. These feature scientific results in lab test environments for mainstream anti-virus software.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up on McAffee a long time ago. I also got tired of Norton too. I switched to Avast, Comodo firewall and MBAM before MSE came out.
Joe

Casi,

Easy answer...

I have no use for MacAfee or Norton in personal PCs or laptops; have removed them from many client's machines, over the years. Remove it & use MSE... extremely good, A-V & A-M in one, not resource-demanding, fully automated, no annual renewal rituals & 100% FREE. I did use & recommend Avast BUT, only prior to the arrival of MSE. Other good but, not absolutely necessary, things are Malwarebytes, SpywareBlaster, BrowserGuard & CCleaner.

Cheers,
Drew

Back