Windows 7 memory problem on windows 7

Thanos Kiouris

before installing I had windows xp ,but a new pc (1,5 years) and all were fine .I decided to install windows 7 .Always appeared on my screen blue screens .i understood that the problem was caused by the memory ,I have 3gb or ram installed on my pc ,which is 2gb +1gb.When i uninstalled the 1gb i hadn't blue screens .So I want to install again the 1gb memory but i would like not to have the same problem again.What I should do?

Have you tried running with just the 1GB installed? Reason for doing this is to check if the pc will blue screen. If it does then you know the stick is bad.
I'm assuming that both sticks are from the same manufacturer?

yes i have tried to install only the 1gb memory and i hadn't blue screens .I have blue screeen only when the the 2 memories are together .Also when i had windows xp ,all was fine.

what is the make and model of your motherboard, and what is the make and model of all your ram sticks ?

yes i have tried to install only the 1gb memory and i hadn't blue screens .I have blue screeen only when the the 2 memories are together .Also when i had windows xp ,all was fine.

Try putting then into different slots. Have the 2GB stick nearest the CPU unless it was already like that in which case try it the other way around.

my motherboard has got 2 memory slots where you can put memories ,you mean to put the 1gb ram in the slot of the 2gb ram and the same for the 2gb?

Probably, the motherboard is setting the wrong values for one of the sticks when they are both installed. Manual tweaking would be necessary in this case, with respect to the memory voltage and timings to get everything working well.

The best advice I could possibly ever give here, is to match the 2GB stick with an exact equal. Obtain another 2gb, perfect copy of the one you already have and install. You'll have 4GB then, of course.

If you don't wish to do so, probably the best option it to run only the 2GB stick alone.

That being said, Kemical's advice may actually work well.

Last edited:
To ensure compatibility, you can use CPU-Z. Look at the SPD tab for the exact model number (part number) of the 2 GB stick. Then get another one of those, with the same model number....if that's the way you want to go.

my motherboard has got 2 memory slots where you can put memories ,you mean to put the 1gb ram in the slot of the 2gb ram and the same for the 2gb?

Yes you could give it a try otherwise I was going to suggest pretty much the same as TorrentG. See how you go anyway....

Back
Top Bottom