Windows 7 Merge 2 partitions on the same SSD

Marron

I have 2 partitions on my SSD. One that has windows on it (the one on the right), and one that is empty (in the middle). Previously, the empty one was for my mac, and I deleted it. How can I merge it with my primary partition ?
http://i.imgur.com/sxHHYQ3.png

The usual word of caution! Make a good backup of the whole disk, before you attempt anything.
I have used Eusus several times in this situation. Before you get to the final part "operations pending" make sure you have got everything as you want it. I have, on one occasion, totally ruined my partition set up with Eusus.The problem lies with the GPD protected partition. It is possible that Eusus may not even be able to proceed on a GPD. HD

The usual word of caution! Make a good backup of the whole disk, before you attempt anything.
I have used Eusus several times in this situation. Before you get to the final part "operations pending" make sure you have got everything as you want it. I have, on one occasion, totally ruined my partition set up with Eusus.The problem lies with the GPD protected partition. It is possible that Eusus may not even be able to proceed on a GPD. HD
Yea... Thanks for the advice but I already ruined my bootloader with EaseUS. I had to reinstall windows on the empty partition, than I deleted the previous partition (after I backed things I needed up, of course) and the "Extend Volume" button wasn't grayed out any more. It kinda sux that I had to reinstall windows for it to work... I'm still installing the programs i need.

I don't recommend EaseUS because it causes problems with systems having the UEFI configuration.

Your EFI partition does not appear to be the normal Windows System partition. Is that an Apple configuration?

1. The partition that is empty has to be unallocated space
2. Make an image of your C partition - for safety. Here is how.
3. Download the Partition Wizard iso ( last box on the website) and burn it to CD. Then load the PC with that CD.
4. Merge the unallocated space (extend the C partition with that space). Here is how.

You can only merge an unallocated partition if it is directly to the right of the other partition that you want to merge with using the Disk Management utility. Use a third party partition management program. If Easus is giving you a problem try another. Lucky for you there is a full version giveaway for AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro (1-1/2 days to go). It is also designed for Win 8 systems. But don't disregard the the reminder to backup your system before dealing with partitions.

Here's the link to the AOMEI PA Pro Giveaway (use secondary email address when required):
http://topwaresale.com/product/aomei-partition-assistant-pro-giveaway/

Good luck!

Is that an Apple configuration?
Not really, but my system is 100% compatible with MAC, so I can make a hackintosh if I want. And it did have mac installed a while ago. Can you tell me how you figured that out ?

1. The partition that is empty has to be unallocated space
2. Make an image of your C partition - for safety. Here is how.
3. Download the Partition Wizard iso ( last box on the website) and burn it to CD. Then load the PC with that CD.
4. Merge the unallocated space (extend the C partition with that space). Here is how.
One problem. I never bought a CD reader / writer, because I never really use them. I have my PC for about 3-4 months now and I never regretted not having one. Plus, I already solved it out when I re-installed windows because I ruined my bootloader, but thanks.

You can only merge an unallocated partition if it is directly to the right of the other partition that you want to merge with using the Disk Management utility. Use a third party partition management program. If Easus is giving you a problem try another. Lucky for you there is a full version giveaway for AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro (1-1/2 days to go). It is also designed for Win 8 systems. But don't disregard the the reminder to backup your system before dealing with partitions.

Here's the link to the AOMEI PA Pro Giveaway (use secondary email address when required):
http://topwaresale.com/product/aomei-partition-assistant-pro-giveaway/

Good luck!
EaseUS ruined my bootloader, so i had to reinstall windows. I always delete back-ups of my windows because I never learned how to use them. So to me backups are just space-wasters. Thanks for the help anyways. :)

Back