Windows 7 Message at start up

toolpusher

Hi

Have a query sometimes when I wake my PC from sleep it goes to the log-in screen I can here a message being spoken. Think its in Japanese or Chinese but its not that loud and I cant understand it. Just wonder what it might be? there's no message and I check my PC daily for malware and no I am not on drugs or drink :p

TP

hahah thats funny.. odd but funny, could it be you left something on pause and when you wake it up from its power nap it auto-plays?

this is very odd and at 6.44am trying think what it could be is nt good lol

let me know if it still happening

by the way (try updaying the sound drives) see if that stops it

You know, you're not supposed to wake a hibernating bear... Maybe you're waking you're computer from a deep sleep and making it mad! If your computer was manufactured in China, that would explain the Chinese...

Ok, seriously, I did a quick research and couldn't find any software that allows you to choose custom sounds on wake-up but maybe there are some out there and you have it installed. Go to Add and Remove Programs, sort by size, and look for any small program that you know you don't need and uninstall.

Also, it might be a sound issue on wake-up and not Chinese. People have had problems of sound stutter of system sounds on wake-up. So Arber's suggestion to update you audio card drivers might help.

Also, just to be on the safe side, go to the audio properties and make sure you're on the Windows default sound set.

Back