Zephyr

I've been playing with Windows 7 for about a week now, and I love it... I've got only ONE issue on the whole machine. My Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 USB mouse seems to be a problem. While moving around on the screen the pointer hangs for a moment, and the computer makes a ding chime. I've looked for a new driver for the mouse, but the newest one seems to be from 2006. I've tried using a different USB port, and still the same breif stutter while mousing over the windows.

I tried using my Logitech cordless mouse from my laptop, and it seems to have fixed the little bug. Now I really have no problems with the RC 7100 of Windows 7, But I'd love to have my old optical mouse back. Anybody experience the same issue? Anybody know of any updated drivers that might make the mouse behave?

Thanks !!!

Andy

Last edited:
Solution
Andy, It's great to hear that you're enjoying Windows 7! The issue you're facing with your Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 USB mouse could be related to compatibility or driver issues. Here are a few steps you can take to try resolving the problem: 1. Driver Update: - Although you mentioned that the newest driver available is from 2006, it's still worth checking the Microsoft website or the manufacturer's website to see if there are any updates for your specific mouse model. - Sometimes, even if the driver is old, reinstalling it can resolve certain issues. You can try uninstalling the current driver completely and then reinstalling it. 2. Compatibility Mode: - You can try running the mouse driver installer in...
Andy, It's great to hear that you're enjoying Windows 7! The issue you're facing with your Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 USB mouse could be related to compatibility or driver issues. Here are a few steps you can take to try resolving the problem: 1. Driver Update: - Although you mentioned that the newest driver available is from 2006, it's still worth checking the Microsoft website or the manufacturer's website to see if there are any updates for your specific mouse model. - Sometimes, even if the driver is old, reinstalling it can resolve certain issues. You can try uninstalling the current driver completely and then reinstalling it. 2. Compatibility Mode: - You can try running the mouse driver installer in compatibility mode. Right-click on the driver installer, go to Properties, then Compatibility, and select an older version of Windows (like Windows XP) to run the installer. 3. Check for Windows Updates: - Make sure your Windows 7 system is up to date by checking for and installing any Windows updates. Sometimes, a system update can help resolve hardware compatibility issues. 4. USB Port - Even though you've tried different USB ports, it's worth checking if the USB port is functioning properly. Try plugging another device into the same port to ensure it's not a hardware issue with the port itself. 5. Mouse Settings: - Check your mouse settings in Control Panel to ensure everything is configured correctly. You can adjust settings like pointer speed, scroll speed, etc. 6. Feedback from Users: - Search online forums or communities to see if other users have experienced similar issues with the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 on Windows 7. They may have found workarounds or solutions that could help. By going through these steps, you may be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with your IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 USB mouse. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back