Windows 7 MS Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 not recognized in win7

rabnud

Hello,
I did a fresh install just now... my MS Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 mouse is not working. I tried re-syncing it with the dongle to no avail.

It gives me a warning saying that some functions may not work until a USB or bluetooth mouse is installed.

I downloaded the Win7 beta drivers (both keyboard and mouse) from MS.com, no dice.. I uninstalled them both and tried the vista drivers with the same result.

Odd thing is, it doesn't even show up in the devices menu under my computer, nor in the mouse profile under the hardware tab.

I'm dual booting with my XP machine and the mouse works perfectly.

Any guidance? using the keyboard to tab around is very cumbersome.
TIA

8 views? :( Does anyone have any sort of idea, or suggestion? I'd really like to experience this new version of windows with a mouse.

Last edited:
I can't get my mouse to work through any of the USB ports on the back of my computer. However it works on the front USB port. I'm using a MS Optical Mouse. Device Manager says the ports are working properly. However when I plug a mouse into one it says nothing about installing it. I tried uninstalling all of the USB Ports. When I rebooted it said it installed the hardware but it didn't help. I'm beginning to think it's a bug. So far I've seen three of us with this problem.

Last edited:
The "Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer with Fingerprint Reader" comes with DigitalPersona and IntelliPoint software. Problem: this software doesn't install on 64-bit Windows 7. The IntelliPoint 8.01 installation for 32-bit Windows Vista is halted with a message like the following: "...not compatible with Windows 7..." The DigitalPersona installation is halted with a similar message.

It turns out that on my 64-bit Windows 7 system the mouse works "plug & play" in 64-bit Windows 7 without installing the IntelliPoint software. However, there doesn't seem to be a replacement for the DigitalPersona software.

If you follow the link to the DigitalPersona vendor website, you don't see the product "DigitalPersona Personal" on the product list, but a web search on 7/19/2011 turned up the 4/26/2010 announcement that it's no longer for sale (DigitalPersona Personal Help). Another web search found the DigitalPersona Personal support page at http://www.askpersona.com/. Selecting the category "Consumer" and the sub-category "DigitalPersona Personal" and searching for Windows 7 found a page that said that "Currently, the requirements for DigitalPersona Personal 4.0 are: Windows 7 -or- Vista -or- ..."

Microsoft Links:

* Hardware compatibility: Windows 7 Compatibility for Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer with Fingerprint Reader Mice: Microsoft. Drivers, Updates, Downloads

* IntelliPoint compatibility: Windows 7 Compatibility for Microsoft IntelliPoint version 7: Microsoft. Drivers, Updates, Downloads

* Digital Persona Personal compatibility: Windows 7 Compatibility for DigitalPersona Personal version 4.10: DigitalPersona. Drivers, Updates, Downloads

* Software downloads: Link Removed due to 404 Error

* Installation instructions: Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer with Fingerprint Reader Solution Center

Back
Top Bottom