Windows 7 Microsoft Office 2007 Product Key?

Kash2Smash

Hey guys,

I recently formated my laptop:

sony vaio
win7 in-built
64 bit , Hard Disk: 500GB. RAM: 4GB

now once i formated everything, i got many original softwares back which were pre-installed in my laptop.

I click on word, and it asks for the product key. I didnt get a CD with this laptop or anything, where do i find it from? So confused! I did however before formating my drive copy the entire Office file from my c drive to my flashdrive.

Also after the format, i dont have one.note anymore :( what to do?

thnks guys,

kash2smash

Having formatted your system and the laptop not having a CD with it how did you reinstall the system software?

Having formatted your system and the laptop not having a CD with it how did you reinstall the system software?

as i said, win7 is in-built in my new laptop... so when i reformated, everything came back... the problem is, i dunno where to search for the key.. if its like located somewhere in my comp...

so when i reformated, everything came back
When you reformat nothing "comes back". Reformatting removes everything from your drive - you would not even have Windows 7 let alone Microsoft Office.

Hello and Welcome to W7F !

Did to restore back to factory setting ? Because most of the Laptop manufactures would only install the trial version then you have to buy the complete software. Just the way of marking the product. If you had fully activated product that came with your Laptop then I would recommend to speak with your Laptop customer service. If you post the model of your Laptop he'll be happy to find out whether Office is inbuilt to the System or was it just a trial version.

Hello and Welcome to W7F !

Did to restore back to factory setting ? Because most of the Laptop manufactures would only install the trial version then you have to buy the complete software. Just the way of marking the product. If you had fully activated product that came with your Laptop then I would recommend to speak with your Laptop customer service. If you post the model of your Laptop he'll be happy to find out whether Office is inbuilt to the System or was it just a trial version.

well, i never recieved any win7 cd when i bought this latop... i didnt retore it back to fctory settings, i brought in a technician who clicked somewhere about formatting, vaio had that option somewhere...

and when i bougt my vaio first, it had the 60day trial thingy, but once that finished, i never had to pay for it... i had everything... dunno whts up with it now. but generally, is there a place in our pc's to locate the registration number?

I too have a Sony Vaio. What is your Vaio Model number ?
For Vaio you'll not get the Windows 7 disk while purchasing Vaio they will specifically ask you to create the Recovery disk using Vaio Recovery Software. If it's less than an year you could call Vaio they will help you in Recovery everything from the hidden recovery partition. If you haven't register the Office after 60 days it will deactivate. There is no place where you could find the serial number if it was not registered.

i created my recovery disk on the infected vaio, it had a backdoor trojan, that wouldnt effect the recovery disks right?

Looks like on their website they only offer "60-Day Trial Version of Microsoft® Office Professional 2007*9" VPCEA16FG : E Series : VAIO . As I mentioned earlier there will be a Hidden partition where you'll have the Windows 7 installation and settings. That will not be infected..
Check this one Link Removed - Invalid URL

~~Should be fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back