Kim Pavey

This program seems to have arrived with my win 7 Ultimate. Everytime I try to use my (very old MS Office) Office Enterprise tries to install itself. I'm not keen on a newer version, but I'd be prepared to let it install. Only....the install fails, saying it is missing EnterpriseWW.msi. I therefore cannot either complete the install, or uninstall.
Can someone help me before I go (even more) nuts.

Additional problem - I am logged in as an administrator, and want to delete a file called windows.old , which was left behind by a repair man who was fixing a hardware problem for me. It is taking up a lot of space, and it won't allow me to delete whatever I try.

There are times when I really hate computers.....Sigh...it was all so easy when I used to use DOS, Gem and the Amstrads....

Solution
It seems like you're facing a couple of issues with your Windows 7 Ultimate system. Let's address them step by step:
### Issue 1: Office Enterprise Installation Problem
It appears that your very old MS Office Enterprise is causing issues with an incomplete installation. Here's a common solution to fix this type of problem:
1. Locate EnterpriseWW.msi:
- Look for the missing file "EnterpriseWW.msi" on your system. This file is required for the installation to proceed.
2. Alternative Repair Method:
- If you can't find the file, you might need to repair your Office installation using the Control Panel:
- Go to "Control Panel" > "Programs" > "Programs and Features."
- Find your MS Office installation, right-click...
It seems like you're facing a couple of issues with your Windows 7 Ultimate system. Let's address them step by step:
### Issue 1: Office Enterprise Installation Problem
It appears that your very old MS Office Enterprise is causing issues with an incomplete installation. Here's a common solution to fix this type of problem:
1. Locate EnterpriseWW.msi:
- Look for the missing file "EnterpriseWW.msi" on your system. This file is required for the installation to proceed.
2. Alternative Repair Method:
- If you can't find the file, you might need to repair your Office installation using the Control Panel:
- Go to "Control Panel" > "Programs" > "Programs and Features."
- Find your MS Office installation, right-click on it, and select "Change."
- Choose the repair option to fix any missing components.
3. Forced Uninstall:
- If repair doesn't work, you can use Microsoft's Fix It tool to force uninstall Office. This tool can remove stubborn installations.
### Issue 2: Deleting the windows.old Folder
The 'windows.old' folder is generally created when you upgrade your Windows version. To delete this folder that's taking up unnecessary space, follow these steps:
1. Disk Cleanup Tool:
- Use the Disk Cleanup tool to delete the 'windows.old' folder:
- Search for "Disk Cleanup" in the Start Menu and run it.
- Select the drive where 'windows.old' is located (usually C:).
- Click on "Clean up system files," and check the box for "Previous Windows installation(s)."
- Click OK to start the cleanup process.
2. Manual Deletion (Advanced):
- If Disk Cleanup doesn't work, you can try removing 'windows.old' manually, but be cautious:
- Right-click on the folder and select Properties to see its size.
- Go to the Security tab and ensure you have full control over the folder.
- Delete the folder, and it may prompt for administrator permission.
### Reminiscing about the Old Days
Computing has certainly evolved a lot from DOS, Gem, and Amstrads! If you need further assistance with any of these steps, feel free to ask. Let's see if we can make your Windows 7 experience a bit smoother!

Solution
Back