Windows 10 Microsoft Windows 10 Bombshell: It's Free For Everyone

Sonny

Excellent Member
However, Windows Vista and Windows XP users as well as some other types, have been left out in the cold – until today, we all assumed you’d need to buy a full copy, with Windows 10 Home starting at $119. Today, though, Maximum PC spotted that in its Windows blog, Microsoft has dropped a bombshell for anyone currently without an upgradable version of Windows 10 or Windows 8/8.1.

Sorry, put up wrong link. Here is the correct one.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyl...t-windows-10-bombshell-its-free-for-everyone/

Last edited:
Looks, like the same old news to me.
I don't see anything that would suggest that they've altered their statement regarding upgrades from Windows 7 SP3 and Windows 8.1 (Update) will be the only real means of having a fully legitimate, licensed copy of Windows 10 on your PC (for free).

The added baloney about XP and Vista is just muddying the water. Of course you can install Build 10130 on an XP or Vista Machine, assuming the hardware supports it. But there is no real upgrade path, so you're not likely to be able to keep any programs or settings, hopefully your data.

And at the end of the day, if you opt out of the Insider Program, then what are you left with?

The only thing I got out of it was windows xp and vista users would get it free only if they stayed with Windows Insider.

Your right it is the same old news.

Your right it is the same old news.
Yes.... hardly a "bombshell", since my granny can get Windows 10 on her machine running absolutely no OS what so ever. Just download the ISO from Microsoft, burn it to a thumb drive and .....BAM!!!
Granny's a Windows Insider, ... but with the next upgrade we'll have to get Granny a real Microsoft Account email to go forward.

Back