Windows 7 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional E ?

MacmillaN

Sorry if this has been asked before...
But i ordered the Microsoft Windows 7 Professional E back when they were offering them at a reduced price, but i have since learned that Microsoft has ditched it and was just wondering what will they be sending out now?

I have had no word from amazon and the product is still scheduled for a 23 Oct 09 delivery.

I hope someone can inform me

Sorry if this has been asked before...
But i ordered the Microsoft Windows 7 Professional E back when they were offering them at a reduced price, but i have since learned that Microsoft has ditched it and was just wondering what will they be sending out now?

I have had no word from amazon and the product is still scheduled for a 23 Oct 09 delivery.

I hope someone can inform me

Hmm how strange as I got the Windows 7 Home Professional at home and installed, reading the post properly what is " Microsoft Windows 7 Professional E" and whats the difference.

Hmm how strange as I got the Windows 7 Home Professional at home and installed, reading the post properly what is " Microsoft Windows 7 Professional E" and whats the difference.

The "E" stands for european. Microsoft were going to develop a european version of Windows to begin with, the difference was there was going to be (originally) no browser whatsoever. if i remember correctly the EU fought against microsofts internet explorer being prebundled so they took it out. Soon after Microsoft decided to make all Windows 7's the same (no eu version).
There was word of a browser selection screen in the end product but I received my copy of Win 7 HP an hour or so ago and I was stuck with IE - no choice. But I installed firefox :)

I believe the screen is supposed to pop up at some stage via Windows update - but only if you have I.E. set to default.

lol yeah
tbh I think the whole point of 'E' was to "scare" the EU - I don't think they would've ever gone along with it :p

No ,they refused it - the EU wanted a choice offered to consumers. MS had to do it. It is the most lucrative market for them.

Back