Windows 7 Missing cd dvd drive

The Jeff

After installing the rc Windows 7ultimate version, I noticed that the dvd drive doesn`t show up when I click on the My Computer icon. I haven`t been able to find a driver for it. The model in my laptop is:
Sony (optiarc) dvd-rw ad-7540a. The computer also doesn`t find/show any memory stick/memory card I plug into a usb port. This really is a major pain in the posterior. I am screwed about installing anything if I can`t find on the internet. HeLP.

Solution
It seems like you are facing issues with missing drivers for the DVD drive and memory stick/card reader on your Windows 7 Ultimate installation. Here are some steps you can take to resolve these problems:
### Fixing DVD Drive Issue:
1. Check Device Manager:
- Press "Windows + X" and select "Device Manager."
- Look for any devices marked with a yellow exclamation mark, which indicates missing drivers.
2. Install Drivers:
- Visit the Sony support website and search for drivers for the "Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7540A" model.
- Download and install the appropriate driver for the DVD drive.
3. Update Drivers:
- Right-click on the DVD drive in Device Manager and select "Update Driver."
- Choose to search...
It seems like you are facing issues with missing drivers for the DVD drive and memory stick/card reader on your Windows 7 Ultimate installation. Here are some steps you can take to resolve these problems:
### Fixing DVD Drive Issue:
1. Check Device Manager:
- Press "Windows + X" and select "Device Manager."
- Look for any devices marked with a yellow exclamation mark, which indicates missing drivers.
2. Install Drivers:
- Visit the Sony support website and search for drivers for the "Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7540A" model.
- Download and install the appropriate driver for the DVD drive.
3. Update Drivers:
- Right-click on the DVD drive in Device Manager and select "Update Driver."
- Choose to search automatically for updated driver software.
### Fixing Memory Stick/Card Reader Issue:
1. Check Device Manager:
- Similar to the DVD drive fix, check Device Manager for any issues related to the memory stick/card reader.
2. Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers:
- Right-click on the memory stick/card reader device in Device Manager.
- Select "Uninstall device" and then restart your computer. Windows should automatically reinstall the driver.
3. Update USB Drivers:
- Sometimes, USB drivers can affect the functionality of other devices connected through USB ports. Updating USB drivers might help.
### Additional Tips:
  • Windows Update: Ensure that your Windows system is up to date by running Windows Update. This can sometimes resolve driver issues.
  • Third-Party Driver Update Software: If manual driver updates don't work, consider using third-party driver update software to automatically find and install the necessary drivers.
If you encounter any specific error messages or need further assistance, feel free to provide more details so I can assist you better.

Solution