Windows 7 missing ethernet drivers

Bud_h81

I Can Not find a driver that will work with my cnet Pro200wl PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter to Connect to the internet.
I do have xp on the same computer so i can download drivers and access them through my folders any help would be great that you so much.

is it not the original ethernet adapter? try installing chipset drivers in compatibility mode. other than that you might have to boot to XP and find some drivers of the manufactures website. they should have Vista ones at least

All of the downloads are for windows xp

Yeh I did a quick search and I think your right. Many people have said they are able to use the XP drivers in Vista 32-bit, so my advice would be to try and install these in compatibility mode for first XP and if that doesnt work try Vista. Just right click and choose "troubleshoot compatibility"

I have never used capatability mode how do i go about running it in capatability mode
that you

Ok, download the latest XP driver. Right click the install file and choose "troubleshoot compatibility" and click "next." The first box says "The program worked in earlier versions..." tick it and click "next." Choose XP

I am able to install the driver with out compatability mode but after the computer acks like it was never installed.
If i right click on install file it does not give me the option of compatability mode and if i go to the compatability wizard i can not see the file. Am i doing something wrong or is my nic card just to old to have a correct driver for windows 7. Thank you very much.

Thank you for helping me. what you said was correct but it was a zip file so it would not work i used winrar to unzip then the compatability option came open i used that and i am replying to windows 7 to you. so once again thank you:)

Last edited:
Workable driver ?

I am able to install the driver with out compatability mode but after the computer acks like it was never installed.
If i right click on install file it does not give me the option of compatability mode and if i go to the compatability wizard i can not see the file. Am i doing something wrong or is my nic card just to old to have a correct driver for windows 7. Thank you very much.

Thank you for helping me. what you said was correct but it was a zip file so it would not work i used winrar to unzip then the compatability option came open i used that and i am replying to windows 7 to you. so once again thank you:)

Hi Bud_h81, does that mean you successfully installed the device driver ? I am using W7 64 bit and I can't seems to able to install the driver for the same device. If I installed forcefully by own choice driver, it states that the device cannot start. :frown:

Pro200wl Driver in Windows 7

I am using W7 32 bit. I got the driver for the Pro200wl from Link Removed - Invalid URL, selected the last driver (B,C,D, and E). Using the Setup.exe did not work for me. I got it to work by going to: Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Right click on NAME-PC > Properties > Hardware > Double Click on Ethernet Network Controller > (under the general tab) Change Settings > (under the general tab again) Update Driver... > Browse my computer for driver software > select the driver folder (it was Pro200_v1.55 for me) and thats it. Hope that is helpfull for someone.

Back
Top Bottom