Windows 8 Missing IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS

big pete

Hi I posted a problem I had a short while ago and got good advice. Now I have the same problem.
I was playing Assassins creed1V my screen went mad. I hit the power off button . When I came to boot again no OS.
I completely formatted my SSD drive but could not load windows 8.1 64 bit or win 10 or 7. I found that the ide ata/atapi controllers missing.
Can anyone tell me how to install those drivers again please.

I completely formatted my SSD drive but could not load windows 8.1 64 bit or win 10 or 7. I found that the ide ata/atapi controllers missing.

Since you have formatted your SSD then everything on it was ERASED. Of course there is no more OS on it.
You have to reinstall Windows on your SSD.

I found that the ide ata/atapi controllers missing.

Please tell us what is your motherboard model and your SSD model.
Normally, when you reinstall Windows the controllers should also be installed.

Hi thanks for your reply Board is ASUSTek Computer inc serial number is BSN12345678901234567 version is 1.0
SSD is Crucial CT500MX200SSD1

Hi thanks for your reply Board is ASUSTek Computer inc serial number is BSN12345678901234567

Unfortunately I cannot find your motherboard model by the serial number.
Please open a Command Prompt (press Windows + R) or search for it. In the Command Prompt type in the following command (then press Enter):

Code:
wmic baseboard get product,manufacturer

Copy and paste the output to the command above here on the forum.

SSD is Crucial CT500MX200SSD1

This si the official web site How to Install an SSD Solid State Drive | Crucial.com
Select in the list MX200

MX200.png

Last edited:
Yes the Laptop is Rog G750JS It was made in China with a qwerty keyboard I di however by it used at 17months use.
The SSD was replaced by me internally it also has a 1 TB hdd WD Blue

There won't be an IDE connector in this system only SATA or possibly m.2 or mSata none of which would require an additional driver.

Some times when it boots a message is displayed saying install windows driver from installation disk
Also when the the laptop was running in device manager no discs are shown. So you think sata is what is needed. ACHI is that right?
I di how ever remove the SSD and tried just the Hdd but no joy there.

In BIOS setting the disk to boot ACHI should be all that is needed. There should be a generic sata driver in Windows Vista and newer.

I at last windows is loading I am on my wifes Rog G750 JH I have checked in hr device mqnqger qnd ir shows IDE ATA/ATAPI after human interface/

Back