Windows 7 MMC & Windows Explorer problems

bart k

Folks, I have the following 2 problems and I appreciate your help in resolving these issues:

1. MMC - I opened the MMC to look at the event viewer & other logs and when I tried closing the MMC, I get this weird message something like "You must close all dialogs....", but I don't see any dialogs that are OPEN...Weird isn't it?

2. The infamous Windows Explorer crashing problem...I stopped counting the no. of times I restored my Win 7 PC, but no avail. What else could be the fix for this issue?

Thanks,
Bart

Folks, I have the following 2 problems and I appreciate your help in resolving these issues:

1. MMC - I opened the MMC to look at the event viewer & other logs and when I tried closing the MMC, I get this weird message something like "You must close all dialogs....", but I don't see any dialogs that are OPEN...Weird isn't it?

Actually they're probably *behind* the management console window. Happens to me all the time.

2. The infamous Windows Explorer crashing problem...I stopped counting the no. of times I restored my Win 7 PC, but no avail. What else could be the fix for this issue?

Ok, for this one we're going to need more details... error messages, what customizations you've done, when this happens etc.
(Unfortunately there's more than one cause for this one...)

Last edited:
Back