Mods or Admin : please move this thread out of my Conversation Inbox.

davidhk129

I do not know how did this happen. Someone posted a question in my Inbox.
I did not ask for it, and I do not answer questions in "private session " format.
Please move it back to appropriate forum so that everyone can have a crack at it.
I do NOT want it in my Inbox.
Thank you.
This is the thread in question :
http://windowsforum.com/conversations/whereabouts-of-zipped-file.7978/

P.S. How can I prevent this from happening again. Any possible way ?
I consider "conversation" as "for private messages ONLY". Nothing else should be there.

Adding..... I hit the "leave conversation" option. But that only prevents me from seeing it.
I would want that it be moved to the correct forum.

Last edited:
You should edit your contact details to define people from whom you are prepared to accept conversations.

I get that every now and then....I just kindly tell them to post it in the forum and not to PM anyone directly for help. Especially when it's there first post....is a bit annoying at times.

1. If there was a " moderators and administrator only " option, I would. There isn't.
2. To ask me enter names I want to include is unreasonable. How many members do we have ?
3. Computer questions should be posted in "open" forum so that the public can benefit the questions and answers. That is the principles of forums, is it not ?
4. Therefore, to ask a thread to be moved back to appropriate forum is not unreasonable. Is it ?

Thank you.

I get that every now and then....I just kindly tell them to post it in the forum and not to PM anyone directly for help. Especially when it's there first post....is a bit annoying at times.

Thank you.
You do have the power to move threads, don't you ?
Would you move it for now, and I will tell the member in question not to do that again.

I checked the link...I get the message..."the requested conversation couldn't be found"....so from I can tell it's has been moved. I'll check your profile and see that way.

I checked the link...I get the message..."the requested conversation couldn't be found"....so from I can tell it's has been moved. I'll check your profile and see that way.

Thank you.
As to " the requested conversation couldn't be found" message, is it because I have enabled the "Leave conversation" option ?
Unfortunately, I cannot find an option to "undo" .

If that is all we can do, then let it be.

If it's a PM that was sent...an admin well have to do that...mods have no control of such issues.

NP...I've asked a admin to check it...he said can't see the conversation either....

I went to my webmail site and retrieve this alert.......
You can now go to brainuee's posts and do what is needed.

Image 5.png

Strange, I went to brainuee posts and that zipped file question is no where to be found. Perhaps brainuee deleted the post.

To bassfisher6522,
brainuee's thread has reappeared in my Inbox.
PLEASE remove it.
http://windowsforum.com/conversations/whereabouts-of-zipped-file.7978/#message-8599

Why does Patcooke continue to reply in my Conversation Inbox ?
Why he does not move it to proper forum ?
What rights does he have to use my Inbox other than corresponding with me ?

I request this issue to be rectified. If you feel an administrator is needed to attend to this matter, please do so.
Thank you.

Last edited:
with this Xenforo forum format, as I understand it, the conversation or PM is a bit controversial in my opinion with some one being able to enter into a conversation with out ones express permission. That being said, I'll take a look and see what I can do for you. If I can't get it, I'll recontact the admin again.

I'm still getting the error message "the requested conversation couldn't be found". I'll pass it on.

This has been forwarded to the site owner and all further postings regarding this matter should be directed to him....Mike Fara.

We can't go into your conversations. By their nature they are private. You can choose to leave the conversation, and by its nature, it will no longer exist when everyone leaves it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using WindowsForum mobile app

Back