Windows 10 Mouse pointer problem

Karl Beem

I use Inverted Large mouse pointers. This morning I found that the black of this scheme was replaced by light grey. I suspected this was caused by last night's update, so I recovered using Sunday's backup. Sure enough the black was back. I allowed Update to run again and the black was replaced by grey, tho it was a darker grey. What's going on?

It's quite possible an update is resetting your theme. Have you tried simply changing the cursor back to the way you want it?

If black has turned into gray, it might also be the Gamma setting of your video adapter/screen. We don't know the videoadapter you are using, but look for screen settings (i.e. NVidia Control panel > Video > Color settings) and reset everything to the default values. Same for the display, reset it to default values.

You never know....

It could also be a faulty or failing monitor. Do you have another good quality flat-panel LCD or HDTV to test the computer with? That will tell you if it's a monitor problem or a problem with your GPU chip/card as bochane mentioned.

Good luck!:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom