Windows 7 mouse(touchpad) vertical scrolling

wuiches

the vertical scrolling of my lap top's mouse(touchpad) is not working, it's totally new and i never changed anything

i tried to fix it doing this: Control panel → Hardware and sound → mouse

but when i click on "mouse" what i get is this screen: "unable to connect to the synaptics pointing device driver..."

the text continues to ask if i installed another pointing driver and if i did so i have to uninstall the actual synaptics driver, then asks me to choose "yes" or "no" and i click "no" because i haven't installed another driver, then i get the "mouse properties" screen and i go to "device settings", once on this screen i choose the scrolling option and it has a check box to enable vertical scrolling but when i click on it the check doesn't appear, the box remains empty!!!!

i hope someone can help me

thanks

Do you have the driver installed for this device ?

According to the message you get, you may need to first uninstall your old mouse driver.

Then,

Insert your mouse support CD and follow the instructions to install the driver and software. (Or download them from the manufacturer's site).

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit:

If you are still having this problem, make a screenshot of your device manager under Keyboard and Mice, and attach it here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom