Moving Outlook emails etc

Dullstroom

Honorable Member
I have just purchased a new (Acer) Windows 10 Home laptop and want to move my existing Outlook emails/calendar etc. from my 'old' laptop without having to purchase additional software.
Can anyone advise on this, please ?

Thank you for your response and I apologise for the delay in replying which was due to me not having an external DVD drive and my new Acer came without ! I have tried to install my existing version of Ms Home & Student (on a CD) which has everything I need but it seems that various applications within this 'bundled' package will not install due to a pre-installed MS Office. The latter, I believe, uses cloud technology for which I would been to pay - at the minimum for data up/down-load - as I am on a metered connection.
How can I simply and plainly install the 2007 package in it's entirety and then move my existing emails/calendars/contact etc. across ?

• Install Outlook
  • Do everything in the export link
  • Copy the data to the new computer
  • Do everything in the import link

Many thanks, I may be a bit 'uneducated' regarding Outlook so please bear with me. I have tried installing the 'old' Outlook from my Home & Student CD. It seems to install OK but I can't actually find it when I check my C drive. The only Outlook I find is the pre-installed (new) version which was on my new Acer when I bought it last week. So, to simplify, I have 'old' Outlook on my 'old' laptop but it doesn't seem to be there on the new one even after I go through the install of the whole H & S package. Can I use the new Outlook without it being cloud based ?

Yeah Office 365 and Office 2016 are two separate products. Are you sure you have a license? A lot of new computers just come with a trail version unless you specifically paid for a license.

Just set up your New Acer laptop with Outlook account and all of the mails, calendars, and settings will automatically be copied to your new device.
If that is not an option then you can use a cheap migration tool that will migrate all of the data for you from one account to another.

I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom