Windows 7 MSE Automatic Update Frequency

kurteb

Extraordinary Member
A silly question, i was wondering if there was a way i could improve the automatic updating of Microsoft [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Security [COLOR=blue !important]Essentials[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], I have noted that updates occur often many times per day, which is of course very good, as the best payware (eset) has frequent updates to it's credit. The automatic update seems to happen much less frequently, however... is there any way to change the setting? -with windows 7, of course (for now i figure daily is it lol)

Last edited:
I'm not impressed by MSE updating. I keep my Windows Update setting set to ask before installing updates and I think that blocks MSE auto updating too. I check manually 3 or 4 times a day and frequently find updates for it. I only switched to MSE because I was having problems and the AV programs may have been involved.
Joe

Aside from having to manually update it, it's a very good program, the update frequency should be a programmable option.

MSE is a good security suite for the computers as well as for the Laptops. It has auto very often update functionality keeping it update every time.

Back
Top Bottom