Windows 7 Multi Monitor Downloads to Desktop Problem

Cache

Extraordinary Member
Hello All,
I have 3 monitors, the middle one is set as my primary monitor and the 2 at each side are extended desktops.

All my icon's sit on the middle monitor including my start menu as it's set to the primary monitor.

My problem is that when I download anything to desktop it doesn't download it to the main monitor, but always the one on the left. It's not so much as a problem but an annoyance as I use the extra monitors for monitoring remote servers and have to minimise everything and reset the windows every time i want to get the downloaded application.

It maybe worth mentioning this never happened on vista, only since I moved to windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hi cache,
we had a post very similar to this a few days ago and unfortunately an answer couldn't be found. I'm not saying that a solution isn't out there but as of yet no one seems to have found it...:frown:

Hey,
What i've done for the time being is to create a downloads folder on the desktop and told my applications to download to that which is located on the middle monitor. However new icons that are created from application installations are still placed on the left monitor, but I can live with that as I don't install a lot of new things.

Great idea Cache! One way round the problem at least... Thanks for updating...:D

Back