Windows Vista Multiple users remote control

buggs1a

Hi guys.

I have a Mac. I have a Vista PC. How can I connect from Mac to vista PC and use it at the same time someone is sitting at it using it?

Sent from my iPod touch using WindowsForum

Thanks but I'm not talking about file sharing. I'm talking about using it. Remote Desktop use. I know unix/Linux does this.

Thanks.
I'm talking about as my subject says connect to the PC using it at the same time someone is using it.

But can 2 people use the PC at the same time? Both doing different things.

Nope.
No Windows Desktop OS supports multiple Remote Desktop Connections simultaneously. That is to say, that the console session is surrendered when a remote destop session is initiated. For that you would need something running Terminal Services, which "legally" is only support on the Windows Server platforms.

The discussion seems to be about three different levels of computing.

Badrobot's device basically shares computing power and perhaps shares access to files, but each user is essentially working on his own computer.

The next step up, is using the Mac to remotely log on as a user on the Vista PC at the same time another user is physically logged on to the Vista, and both use the Vista concurrently doing different things, independently and unaware of each others activity.

The third level Is something like TeamViewer that Trouble suggested--collaborative or interactive computing, where both users are aware of each others activity and share a common view, and each can do independent things in relation to the shared view.

Interesting that products exist to do 1 and 3 but the middle one, which sounds like buggs1a's objective, can't be done, essentially because of licensing issues?

Back