Windows 7 My computer gets extremely slow when using any browser

Ptolemy

I can do anything on my computer and everything runs very smooth as long as I don't open a browser. I can open very large images, open any program like Photoshop or any other program that normally needs some time to load and it loads very fast, but as soon as I start any browser it doesn't respond. The browser opens very slow but no webpage is loading and a message on the top "Internet Explorer (Not responding)" is displayed on and off.

This happens whether or not I'm connected to Internet. One could expect that with no connection the browser would at least load pretty fast but with a message "...the page couldn't be found".

Also as soon as I have open a browser and having this issue, now everything else on the computer (that previously was no issue) also takes forever to load. Now any action can take about 15-30 minutes.

Also when clicking CTRL+Alt+Delete I get the error message:
"Failure to display security and shut down options
The logon process was unable to display security and logon options when CTRL+ALT+DELETE was pressed. If the operating system does not respond, press ESC or restart the computer by using the power switch."

BUT, if I click CTRL+Alt+Delete as soon as I reboot the computer, prior to open any browser, it's normal and I can select the task manager.

So what can be the problem?

I figure that maybe my harddrive is about to crash, so I was rushing to make a clone of the harddrive. Then when I started Windows from this other harddrive (with clone) instead - it's still the same thing. So the problem isn't the harddrive.

This issue have happened two times before, but the first time it did get back to normal after an hour and the second time it got normal after rebooting but this time nothing seems to work.

The first time this happened was about two weeks ago after downloading a trial of Visual Studio Ultimate 2013, but I doubt it has anything to do with that. I guess this just happened to occur at that point.

So what should I do? Any suggestions?

Should I do a system restore to a previous date?
Put in the Windows DVD and try to repare Windows 7?

Everythings is OK when browsing if I start Windows in Safe Mode.

It could be Network adapters = inside your computer.

You should check it through your Motherboard manufacturer, to get it updated. Or if you have a separate one, check it through it.

You can see info in Control Panel/Device Manager/ --- if you see any question marks there, it may be the problem.

Back