Windows 7 My Computer Screen Keeps freezing Randomly

ComradeKait

My computer is relatively new and has been working fine until just recently. At random times when on the internet, it will suddenly freezes (but only the page) and not allow me to click anything. I can get out of it normally but it is utterly frustrating. At first I thought it was the website but it has been happening on more sites than one. I have tried installing all the updates and have gone through almost all the tune-ups my computer offers.

I'm not sure if I have a virus or if there is an issue with my computer, but any advice on what to do would be helpful.

If it is freezing, the browser or an add-on is probably looking for something. What it is looking for might not be available or is being blocked by something.

Many times for me, watching the bottom of the browser window for where it is going helps. I can see sites, like ad sites being accessed. Perhaps that info will help lead you to a solution.

You might also check your add-ons or accelerators to see if you can disable, or enable something that might improve your response time. Are you running any special toolbars?

Back
Top Bottom