Windows 7 My last hope...

brawser

Hello.
I built my first computer 2 months ago. From the start I had problems with BSOD but got around them by my own ways. Every time I open my comp first time in a day I get constant BSOD, but if I close it and take the plug out of the wall for like 10mins it runs smoothly throught the rest of the day even if I boot it. The next day same thing. I was on a trip for the weekend and when I got back the same old fix didnt work. Im quite hopeless after hours and hours of trying to fix it and im close to call the local computer care. I now ask for your help. The specs are: Windows 7 64-bit home premium, Phenom 6x 1055, Nvidia 460gtx gigabyte, 4gigabytes of ram. If you need another info tell me. I will attach the latest minidumb.
Looking forward for your help.
-Brawser

Attachments

• 112910-40310-01.rar
    22.3 KB · Views: 178
Hello and welcome.

1) Uninstall Daemon Tools normally. Then use this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys, being careful to click "Uninstall" while using:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Reboot and install PowerISO to replace it as the disc emulation is free forever:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

2) Update Realtek lan driver:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Mon Feb 08 22:42:09 2010

RTL8111

3) If issues persist, post new crash dumps and also include a screen shot of CPU-Z spd and memory tabs. We'll fix this up for ya no problems, if the above hasn't already done so.

I tried to answer 2 times but i cant see my answers in this thread so this post is just a test that are the posts really coming or is it just a lag.

Oh so the quick reply works but the "Go Advanced" posting doesnt? How can i attach files in Quick replays?

Looks like you ran CPU-Z in safe mode. It will not work there. You have to run it in normal mode and make the screen shots. You can only attach in advanced mode.

You also have not followed instructions at all well. I said to be careful to click "Uninstall" while using, while uninstalling sptd.sys.

You updated it instead and it still needs to be removed.

Realtek driver is not updated either. Download the auto installation program and run it.

Last edited:
So you could see my last three attachments althought i cant see the posts in thread? They came as private messages? Im sorry i didnt do just as u told me to but its only cause im from Finland and English isnt my first language or anything.
I tried to take CPU-Z pictures with normal mode but i got bluescreen before i got that far. With safemode i can surf the internet and post these posts as i have no problems with it on. I still didnt quite understand that "I said to be careful to click Uninstall while using, while uninstalling sptd.sys." part and i will attach a screenshot of SPTDinst-v175-x64 program on. I think i now installed the realtek update right. Here is new minidumb after installing realtek driver and unistalling daemons tools.

Attachments

• kuva3.png
    kuva3.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 480
  • 112910-40279-01.rar
    18.9 KB · Views: 162
Good job. Follow this well now:

1) Boot to safe mode if you aren't there yet.

2) Type msconfig in the start menu then press enter.

3) On the General Tab, click the radio button for Diagnostic startup. Hit ok.

4) Reboot to normal mode and make the screen shots of CPU-Z spd tab and memory tab. Post them here.

Along with that, type msinfo32 in the start menu. File | save on the opened screen. Zip the saved file and attach it here while attaching the screen shots too.

5) Open an elevated command prompt. Run this command:

sfc /scannow

When it is done, then run this command and follow what it says:

chkdsk /r

6) When all done, type msconfig in the start menu again and click on Normal startup in the General tab. Hit ok to save.

--------------

In case you are wondering why the above steps are necessary to fix the machine, here is the debug output from all the crashes you are getting:

Code:
REGISTRY_ERROR (51)
Something has gone badly wrong with the registry.  If a kernel debugger
is available, get a stack trace. It can also indicate that the registry got
an I/O error while trying to read one of its files, so it can be caused by
hardware problems or filesystem corruption.
It may occur due to a failure in a refresh operation, which is used only
in by the security system, and then only when resource limits are encountered.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, (reserved)
Arg2: fffff8a000023010, (reserved)
Arg3: 0000000001097000, depends on where Windows bugchecked, may be pointer to hive
Arg4: 0000000000000374, depends on where Windows bugchecked, may be return code of
    HvCheckHive if the hive is corrupt.

Debugging Details:
------------------

If you use anything else to clean the registry ever other than CCleaner, don't use it any longer.

Thanks for fast answers again.
I went to Diagnostic startup from safe mode but it still gave me BSOD so i couldnt take screenshots from cpu-z. I attached my msinfo32 in this message. I did sfc /scannow which got to 98% and then told that everything is fine and i will post a screenshot of it too. chkdsk /r told me that it will run in next startup which i will do right after this post.
-Brawser

Attachments

• kuva4.png
    kuva4.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 408
  • msinfo32.rar
    30.7 KB · Views: 165
For some strange reason the comp let me open it normally so i could take the screenshots.

Attachments

• kuva5.png
    kuva5.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 414
  • kuva6.2.png
    kuva6.2.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 393
  • kuva6.1.png
    kuva6.1.png
    116 KB · Views: 410
It looks like my comp is working for now. Thanks for ur assistance TorrentG! I will come back if i get more problems.
-Brawser

[small hijack!!]
Hello and welcome.

1) Uninstall Daemon Tools normally. Then use this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys, being careful to click "Uninstall" while using:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Reboot and install PowerISO to replace it as the disc emulation is free forever:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive
Step-daughter DL'd an iso file last week and asked me how to run it. I told her you need a virtual drive and to download... "Its OK" she says, "I've installed Daemon". "Oh dear" says I, "that'll be trouble".
2 days later she gets a BSOD, I tell her as per instruction #1 and (not PowerISO as I personally use DVDFab for that. Left the choice to her) she did as told. BSOD gone.
The sun now shines out of a part of my anatomy where the sun aint supposed to shine!!

I may, one day, come clean and reveal my source. At the moment I'm just basking in the glory!![/small hijack!!]

[small hijack!!]
Step-daughter DL'd an iso file last week and asked me how to run it. I told her you need a virtual drive and to download... "Its OK" she says, "I've installed Daemon". "Oh dear" says I, "that'll be trouble".
2 days later she gets a BSOD, I tell her as per instruction #1 and (not PowerISO as I personally use DVDFab for that. Left the choice to her) she did as told. BSOD gone.
The sun now shines out of a part of my anatomy where the sun aint supposed to shine!!

I may, one day, come clean and reveal my source. At the moment I'm just basking in the glory!![/small hijack!!]

haha good story. If people, collectively, knew what sptd.sys was responsible for, there would be millions of dollars of lawsuits for time spent trying to repair machines. That driver really should be taken away from being made available as it is one of the worst bsod causes in the history of Windows since its inception.

Instead, they keep updating it and it keeps being fail.

All down to you TG.

I may, possibly, have suggested uninstalling whatever she had installed over the last few days (wouldn't be a lot) but I wouldn't have thought to hunt out errant drivers that had been installed.

I am, now, far more aware of 'background' stuff that gets added. Although for the last two or three years I've been monitoring any installs I add. The only one I can't (??) monitor is the monitoring software!!

Back