Windows 7 My PC crash

lostsoul65

My computer just went out and left me with a message on ablack screen saying “Reboot and Select Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selectedBoot device and press a Key” So I put my Windows 7 disk in and it wants me tore-install or load the divers and I don’t know what drivers it wants. Help?

My computer just went out and left me with a message on ablack screen saying “Reboot and Select Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selectedBoot device and press a Key” So I put my Windows 7 disk in and it wants me tore-install or load the divers and I don’t know what drivers it wants. Help?

... have you tried to restart without the windows 7 disk yet? if you are missing startup files the disk can put them back in, but try taking it out then, holding control-alt-delete at the same time when you see that message, that should just restart and maybe help (when it asks you, select boot device, pick your hard drive, if all is well, it will just boot from it :)

Last edited:
I went into my BIOS and the Drives got switch around so I put them back where the boot drive will be 1st and the data drive will be 2nd. I don't know how they got switch but it looks like a BIOS problem instead of a Hard Drive problem but don't know just my guess.

Last edited:
I went into my BIOS and the Drives got switch around so I put them back where the boot drive will be 1st and the data drive will be 2nd. I don't know how they got switch but it looks like a BIOS problem instead of a Hard Drive problem but don't know just my guess.

that would've been a good next step, sounds like somehow it got changed, now all should be well. :)

I have a Crucial SSD 64 Gig SATA 3 for my main drive, took my data drive off, The BOIS says my SSD C Drive is the first boot, after about 30 minutes of sitting in Windows 7 it crashes and I get the message that is in my first post. I have to turn off my computer and wait for about 10 seconds before I can reboot. By re-booting will only get it stuck on boot. I can't check my Crucial SSD drive because Crucial tech support told me they don't have software to do that like WD. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

is your Crucial SSD 64 Gig SATA 3, your c drive? is it your only SSD drive connected? any usb drives connected? any eide drives?

is your Crucial SSD 64 Gig SATA 3, your c drive? is it your only SSD drive connected? any usb drives connected? any eide drives?

It's the only drive connected at this time and about every 30 minutes it re-boots but on the re-boot it sticks and I have to turn it off for 10 seconds and then it turns on oK. It's really dusty here in Phoenix so I'll blow it out but I think the Hard drive or the BOIS is damage but just don't know.

What I did this morning was disconnect all USB's except my keyboard and mouse and again it crashed. I'm thinking the CPU might have gotten over heated because AMD is good for that. So now I put in a another hard drive that I zero out and I'm putting the OS on it and see if it crashes and if it does then it's got to be my BIOS, or CPU because I don't think RAM or the Video card will act like this.

Last edited:
Back