Windows 7 My ping is suddenly extremely bad

krosslin

Banned
Hey guys,
before few days i reinstall Windows, because of lags and very crowded disc. Before, my ping in game was 12-40, but now, for example in a map, where are many players in one place, my ping goes to 500 very easily.
It's great for catching, but for normal gameplay it's really bad. This issue isn't only while playing, but now I can't watch YT videos in HD, but only 480p(360p).

Some facts:

I'm using Standalone Flash Player
This happen to me after I reinstall Windows.
I'm using Windows 7 32bit
My PC is connected with router via cable. not Wi-Fi

Hi

Run Ping test and see what the results look like and post them here.

Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test

You could try resetting your router to see if you get a better connection, usually connection speeds don't have much to do with Windows, but another option is to uninstall your Network Adapter in Device Manager and then Reboot.

Right click on your device in Device Manager and select Uninstall, then reboot.

This will force Windows to re-detect, reinstall, and find the correct drivers for your device.

It should get it to the default settings.
It may have gotten messed up somehow during the reinstall.

Mike

Hi

Run Ping test and see what the results look like and post them here.

Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test

You could try resetting your router to see if you get a better connection, usually connection speeds don't have much to do with Windows, but another option is to uninstall your Network Adapter in Device Manager and then Reboot.

Right click on your device in Device Manager and select Uninstall, then reboot.

This will force Windows to re-detect, reinstall, and find the correct drivers for your device.

It should get it to the default settings.
It may have gotten messed up somehow during the reinstall.

Mike
133761600.png

I've tried all of these tips. Nothing happens.

Hi

It looks like there is nothing wrong with your internet connection, that's better then I'm getting right now.
What are you using for a browser?

The browser or JAVA settings might effect the videos.
That wouldn't really explain what's happening in games though, I usually get about 20 to 30 ms in games with an occasional slowdown.

Since it happened when you reinstalled it does sound like it has to do with Windows settings, but I don't really have any idea what it would be.

Maybe someone more technical here will have a suggestion.

Mike

Hi

It looks like there is nothing wrong with your internet connection, that's better then I'm getting right now.

That wouldn't really explain what's happening in games though, I usually get about 20 to 30 ms in games with an occasional slowdown.

Since it happened when you reinstalled it does sound like it has to do with Windows settings, but I don't really have any idea what it would be.

Mike
I did nthing with My windows & getting same problem.......

Hi

Mike
Both problems are resolved. :) But this topic didn't help me. :D I don't know, what I did, but I just customized Firewall and something around internet connection settings in my pc, checked my router settings and next day, voilà, everything is ok. Problem with videos was only in Firefox, in Opera and Chrome is everything ok. In game again very low ping. :)

You can close this.

Back