Windows 7 My Realtek HD Audio sound card doesn't work on Windows 7 RC Build 7100

chuotnhat2007

I am using Windows 7 RC Build 7100 on my desktop, mainboard is Asus P5GC-MX, chipset is 945GC, sound card is Realtek HD Audio.

I installed their drivers successfully.

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. High Definition Audio System Software Ver: R2.25
Installation and Setup

Driver Installation/Removal Procedure For Realtek High Definition Audio Codec:
=================================================================================

<<< For Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows7 x86/x64 Driver >>>

Source
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Direct X 11, too, although I don't see tab music?

Windows Media 12 plays music normally

But I can't hear anything from my speaker, although i turn the volume control of Windows and the speaker to maximum, and i don't mute anything.

When I start this PC with Windows XP, it work well, I can hear the sound normally. So my hardware is good, maybe the result come from the software (driver, windows 7 rc, ...).

Why this problem appears and how to fix it?

Thanks for reading my post.

Last edited:
chuotnhat,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Windows 7 machine and your sound card. I know how frustrating it can be when your system isn't working properly. You might want to consult the Windows 7 forum at microsoft.com/springboard, there may some information about compatibility with your system, please keep in mind, if your system was stable before, and you have the Vista Drivers they will work with Windows 7, so you may want to revert to them.
Thanks,
[email protected]

chuotnhat2007,

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.
Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.

Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

There many versions of the is driver.

I suggest you download [|MG| SIW (System Info) 2008.4.2.0 Download]SIW (System Info) 2008.4.2.0[/URL]

Since should give you driver an dcodec information.

Your motherboard specs would be of great help:)

chuotnhat,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Windows 7 machine and your sound card. I know how frustrating it can be when your system isn't working properly. You might want to consult the Windows 7 forum at microsoft.com/springboard, there may some information about compatibility with your system, please keep in mind, if your system was stable before, and you have the Vista Drivers they will work with Windows 7, so you may want to revert to them.
Thanks,
[email protected]

I have commented once on you posting in this forum.

Why is it that you are trying to pull people away from our forum.

We are perfectly capable at giving solutions to people's problems.

It just isn't right............Unethical also

@ chuotnhat

I agree with Regahkr completely, why are you trying to get people to leave this forum..? It is extremely unethical and just plain rude.. There are numerous members of this forum that are more than capable of offering solutions to the many "problems" people are having on a daily basis with Windows 7.. ;) If you don't wish to be a part of our community that's fine, but please don't come on here and try to detur people from staying.. I have lost count of the amount of problems that many of the fine members of this forum have solved thus far.. This is not a forum made up completely of kids who don't know what there talking about, many of the memebrs are certified technicians and know EXACTLY what they are talking about.. :)

I hope you decide to stay and contribute to the vast amount of knowledge that is circulating on this site.. :)

Sorry, after re-reading your post, I noticed you did provide Motherboard specs.

I've located a slew of drivers and updates for that including WQHL Vista 64-bit driver.

I noticed in the screen shot, your is not WHQL certified.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

NOTE:

Make sure your is simply the P5GC board as there are a lot of boards beginning with that name, but have additional number beside them.

make sure your is simply named P5GC with no addition number behind the P5SCG. If so, just backup one page and provide the correct series.

I have a vcg rc210g sony vaio desktop with i believe a Intel® 945G/P motherboard with onboard sound and when I installed windows 7 I lost my sound, I cannot find a chipset driver or smbus driver for windows 7 nor a sound driver for this computer, in otherwords no sound can anyone help with this, sony dropped the ball as usual and offers no 7 support

Last edited:
Hi, I recently upgrded my speakers from a very old Creative cambridge 2.1 to a Logitech z5500 on my recently purchased system with the following configuration

Processor: Intel i7 860
Mobo: MSI Big Bang Fuzion (LGA 1156)
For reference : Link Removed due to 404 Error
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Grafix card: ATI HD 5970
HDD: WD Black 1
Audio: Xfi card provided with Mobo

My problem is that I am not able tomake all the speakers (Especially the centre 1) functional using the 6 channel direct cable to connect to the sound card. Instead if I use the Coaxial cable all the speakers work fine but am not able to configure the speakers depth and alignment as the Realtek manager does not show the 5.1 arrangement like in the 6 channel direct cable.

For the above comment

@ all:

I have just started checking out for issues so.. if it is a very petty issue please be sportive enough and post a link so that if in case i was unable to find a solution i can do so. any who.. thanx for your views and guidance in advance. :)

Back