My windows 7 blew up.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Mastadj, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Mastadj

Mastadj New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tell me strait, am I F'ed? lol.... I thing I was using to much memory and my whole computer went to heck... I cannot POST any more, but I can still run the OS can gain access to my files. I am guessing this is a Hardware issue right? I have 12 gigs of ram and I was using 9 at the time my computer blew up... For all the years and knowledge I have with computers, I cannot explain what is going on...

2. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

I'd like to know what you were doing to use 9 gigs of ram? I've used just over 6 with virtual PC running and allowing then 4 gigs there.
    Joe

3. epk1950

epk1950 Banned

Does it matter? Its his choice. I'd chose 12 anytime over 6, if you run 4 vm's allocate 2 gigs a piece, that leaves him with 4 gigs for W7.

Anyhow Back any personal data, Try to reinstall the operating System with the full 12 gigs install see what happens, i would do a definite fresh reinstall with 12 gigs with that kind of problem

4. RAK

RAK Extraordinary Member

I see from your specs you are running a Windows 7000 Beta1?

I am not sure which release that is, but, as I am sure you are aware, the Windows 7 Beta has expired.

#4 RAK, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  5. Mastadj

Mastadj New Member

No, this is RC1 client and for some reason it just started to work. It does it off and on and I need to reboot it if happens again.

6. jeradw

jeradw Senior Member

Very strange. I dont know if I would trust it, personally. Seeing as though its working fine now, I would take this opportunity to back up your data and then do a clean wipe of the system. Just my $.02.

Edit: or you can wait for the full version and get off of RC1. :)