Windows 7 My Windows 7 Hardware Experiences

d80zoom

So far, I have upgraded my memory, cpu, and video card and have not had any major problems. I am using the 32 bit version of build 7000. Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 with a 550 watt power supply.

Mem: added another 2 gigs of Corsair DDR2.
CPU: went from Atholon X2 5000 to Phenom X4 9850*
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 3870/512 to HIS Radeon 4850/1GB**

* With the Phenoms memory controller, you will now see “Ganged or Unganged” in Bios when you start your computer. I have mine set to Unganged which is supposed to be faster than Ganged.

** I have had problems with the Win7 Beta Catalyst suite crashing more than it should. I uninstalled it and loaded the Vista Catalyst suite and seem to have less crashing.

The only other problem is with IE8, I cannot watch my Netflix Instant streaming movies. Other than that I am pretty impressed with the 7 beta. When the RC is out, I will probaly move to the 64 bit version and go up to 8 gigs of memory.

Last edited:
If I was you I'd upgrade my BIOS too with all that new hardware, you will probably get more performance by doing so.

As for CCC I'm using the 9.1 drivers (never used that beta driver) and all my games run mint

Back
Top Bottom