Windows 7 Need help for sound card drivers hp pavilion dv8000

t800

I have a hp pavilion dv8000 laptop and the sound card is conextant. I have tried vista 64 drivers and gone through control panel, device manager to update drivers. I have unzipped the drivers in their own folders and have told it where to find the drivers and nothing works as of yet. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem too. My box is, HP dv5000, sound device - Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller.

I think that Intel should have some new stuff for Microsoft Windows 7 as it is not the same case as with Ubuntu 6.10 and it's wireless card from Broadcom company that never cared about Linux. I got answered by them in an email where they told me strictly, they do not care doing any specials for Linux.

I am working with my Ubuntu 9.04 and waiting to test and compare it with windows 7 at the same time that I hear some music, any help?:frown:

I got it working !
HP website for drivers - downloaded the sound driver for vista, it upgraded itself and bingo, it works.
Link: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Let me know if it helped you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I'll try it when I get home. I wonder, if I can't get this sound running . Would it make a difference to install win 7 32-bit verses 64-bit in finding a sound driver that works?

I downloaded the 32-bit version and installed it and everything is running like a bat out of hell. No problems to report. Starting to put on games tomorrow.

Last edited:
I just copied a dvd yesterday and it started to play and the sound is like a a steady loud click. No sound is getting played just the picture. any ideas?

Back