Windows 8 need help on audio drivers

davidhk129

Don't know where I should post this as there is no Windows tablets section in these forums.

I have a 3 days old Acer iconia W3-810 8.1", 32bit Windows tablet, upgraded to win 8.1
After setting up the system, then installing Windows Updates ( which failed configuring twice until the 3rd time. All said and done, it took a full 10 hours ), then installing Win 8.1 which also failed to configure until 2nd attempt.
With all those happening, I failed to notice that the volume is very low and "thin" while the setting is on maximum.
Volume is great if connected to an ext. speaker or headset, but not when playing on it's own.

I went to device manager and tried to update the speaker driver and I was told mine was most up to date.
No idea what to do nest.

Image 2.png

After trying for various audio drivers such as Realtek and SigmaTel, I accidentally removed the sound drivers from the tablet. So I re-installed the drivers ............Acer Iconia W3-810 Chipset/Audio/Graphics Driver 1.0 for Windows 8
http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDo...-Driver-10-for-Windows-8-Download-265296.html
Sound driver restored but low volume issue remains the same.

Image 1.png

Last edited:
Hi,

if you have any issues with the Windows sound drive then you can try "Realtek Sound Driver" it will solve all the sound related issues and problems comes in your system. It is complete solution, so go for it.................

I am not too familiar with the model, but, I can see that you have tried the Realtek driver.

fwiw, one of my grandchildren has the same problem. Googling (for me, anyway) revealed that it is the lousy sound is the default and not much can be done about it.. Maybe someone with the model can give you some better info, though.

Hi

When I updated to Windows 8.1 on my desktop, I had problems with the sound being distorted.
I found a lot of other people having sound issues as well.

I finally gave up and went back to Windows 8.

In my case I think the problem is with the driver upgrade, when updating Windows.

Since Windows 9 beta is so close I haven't tried again, but I suspect that if you can find the old drivers that you were using in Windows before updating and get the tablet to use them instead of the new ones it may fix your problems.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom