Windows 7 need help please

johnglin

hi every one,

guys i have problem, my computer is so slow i mean it is not even run the application as should be. i have a very good computer with awesome specifications like;

CPU; Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M520 @ 2.40GHz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
RAM; 8GB
GRAPHIC CARD; ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1024MB
HDD; 1TB
OS; Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

but i dont know what is wrong. please help:(

thanks

Run all of your malware, spyware and adware software you have including your AV software as well....sounds like you have some bugs lurking about.

So many reasons for this, we will need more info. First. Look in Msconfig (Type Ms config in the start box) and, under the Startup tab, see what you have running there. Post a list here or, better, a snip.
A mem check would be a good idea also. You may have a bad strip.

Run Task Manager, (ctrl/alt/del and click on "start task manager). Click on the processes tab and look under the cpu column to see if anything is using a high amount of processor power.

I would also like to see how many apps have loaded themselves with Windows (Most apps you install think they have to be running in the background, just ain't so) I have seen some that had up to 28 separate apps running with Windows gobling system resources. I like an app called What's In Startup to check on and delete unwanted apps.

WhatsInStartup.jpg

You can see I have just 4 apps starting at Windows Boot. My firewall (Online Armor++), my touchpad app (Alps Touchpad), my laptop mouse S/W (Logitech Setpoint) and my AV/AM (MSE) That's it, although almost everything tried, I did not let it start with Windows.

There are many apps which include these features, CCleaner, Autoruns, Revo Uninstall Pro, but I have found What's In Startup seems to be made for this feature only and is very easy to use.

Just Google Whats In Startup.

Last edited:
One which loves to install itself, and causes a minute delay (every little helps!) whenever accessed through the intenet or whatever, is the java updater. That I untick as a first option. I havw also removed all the rubbish through the regedit.
Here:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MsConfig\startupreg

For those that are timid about fooling with the registry, the 2 apps mentioned, What's In Startup and Autoruns, solve this problem automatically with out having to "play" with the registry. and are actually faster. Be aware that after you disable an app from the Startup group with either app or the registry tweak you will have to reboot for these changes to take affect.

Back
Top Bottom